Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
My experiences with the PGC( Why I hate them today) >

My experiences with the PGC( Why I hate them today)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My experiences with the PGC( Why I hate them today)

Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Spike

I guess only 4 people out of the many Pennsylvanians that post here isn't too bad. The pagc must be doing something right. I agree with Doug, if you let 2 or 3 people out of 700 control your opinion for an outfit, you've got other issues.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

Sure you dont wanna take a re-count?--- http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...ters-poll.html

Or perhaps one of the other polls on several other sites where pgcs approval has been in the 70-80% AGAINST the failed deer plan. Or the state representatives polls of the people where around 70% do not support a fee increase.

So much for pgc support. lol.

"The pagc must be doing something right"
Most would probably say doing something right doesnt usually get an agency sued, prevented a fee increase by legislative intervention, forced to undergo an audit, having lowest approval rating in the history of our commission & the country, having the deer team leader need to wear a bulletproof vest and have bodyguards...Yep, all signs of effective mangement. lol

Btw, where did you dig up the 700 figure? I dont see it as representative of anything??

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-22-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

MeatHnter 2 man where did you get that opnion. This forum is full of stories and hunters disatisfied, harassed and genrally have dismal thoughts of the PGC and it's minions. When evrey time we see a warden and from the kids to 79 year old men all groan because of what we are going to be put through it is a problem!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I cant speak to things that happened over 20 years ago. I do know that there is an Officer Complaint Tracking System, and each fromal complaint is investigated and dealt with accordingly.
If you are mistreated all you have to do is call the regional office and speak with a supervisor and they will send out the paperwork to file a formal complaint. A WCO or DWCO should remain professional in all encounters regardless of the violation or lack thereof. A WCO or DWCO that crosses the line in another part of the state puts a blemish on me and I dont like that at all.
I know it isnt easy but if you have a bad experience dont lump everyone together, I meet some less than nice people while doing the job but for me to assume all hunters are cut from the same cloth would be a terrible assumption.

There was one comment about WCO's are just looking to fine you because the PGC needs the money, Look at the financal reports on the PGC web site, income from fines doesnt even cover WCO wages. L.E. isnt a money maker but rather a money pit, in any agencey.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Agree with ya on all Rwj. My views on pgcs management polices arent a product of, nor do they carry over to Wcos or law enforcement. For the mostpart, i think you fellas do a commendable job in those areas.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post RWJ. Especially the part about not judging all by the actions of a few.

I've had a few bad encounters with deputies over the years but all the regulars and most deputies have been professionals who treated me/us with courtesy and respect.

Just as we hunters shouldnt judge all LE by the actions of a few, I think back and realize that the couple of nasty situations I encountered could have been avoided had those deputies followed that same advice.

Unfortunately one of them could have become dangerous had I and my companion not been a lot more restrained than that deputy. I regret to this day that I did not pursue the situation and file a formal complaint.

There are bad hunters, bad cops, bad WCO's and bad deputies. None of us will be well served by judging the many because of the actions of a few.

Declaring that you hate all, hunters, all WCO's, all deputies, all cops or the entire PGC because of one bad encounter is just plain foolish.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I just wonder how the WCO I saw at a local gas station could look me in the face an say, "The sportsmen need to allow the deer management, including herd reductions where needed, to stay the course until we've reached our goals."
My God! If that bufoon really thinks we need to eliminate huntable numbers of deer to reach "our goals" just what is the goal?.... no sport hunting in large sections of the state??????
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Though it's true you shouldn't judge the whole by the actions of the few, one thing the whole is guilty of and is rightly judged for, in the PGC and police in general is the insidious blue wall. I won't say every officer but I will say the vast majority are willfull participants. Unlike employees of business, bad apples are protected rather than fired. The bs "brotherhood" as a rule turns its head when a fellow LEO mistreats a citizen or even violates the law. Oh and let's not forget the good old "professional courtesy".

I believe such corrupt and unlawfull practices by law enforcement is the main reason public respect has declined to such a low level. And, it is to the point where it is reducing law enforcements ability to successfully do its job. LEO testimony which was at one time rarely questioned is now routinely suspect. Look how eagerly jurors bought into the accusation that police planted evidence in the OJ trial. And for those who want to cry "pay back" the white jurors bought it too.

IMO, unless and until law enforcement cleans up its act and gets rid of every trace of the evil "blue wall" their nearly bakrupt reputation will continue its downward trend.

Last edited by Sylvan; 01-26-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Potterco
I just wonder how the WCO I saw at a local gas station could look me in the face an say, "The sportsmen need to allow the deer management, including herd reductions where needed, to stay the course until we've reached our goals."
My God! If that bufoon really thinks we need to eliminate huntable numbers of deer to reach "our goals" just what is the goal?.... no sport hunting in large sections of the state??????

Differences of opinion doesnt make one side or the other a bufoon
Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't a problem with WCOs...mine fall with the Board and the failed deer management they cling to..Is it manadatory for all WCOs to repeat in public only what the PGC wants told or may they voice their own opinions without reprocussions?