Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What PA needs .................... >

What PA needs ....................

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What PA needs ....................

Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

"You guys are missing it, if you cut the snakes head off, his tail will die."

You're right, I am missing it...You might wanna expand on that.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

This war will be won or lost politically, you can belittle RSB and any other employees the PGC has but that won't change the direction we are heading, just like the emancipation proclamation we need them on our side, it will take a well financed and educated group of people to convince those in charge to see the errors in this program.

Jumping up and down while screaming does draw attention and as Jerry Springer has shown there is an audience for such behavior, but it will never change the direction we are headed.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

"This war will be won or lost politically, you can belittle RSB and any other employees the PGC has"...

Now exactly how does my post pointing out how THEY belittle US equate to ME belittling THEM??? Im not the one who said hunters should take a flying leap. Im not the one who said we should be basically be wormed like dogs I simply pointed out the statement was made, and that the particular sentiment is strong at pgc.

"but that won't change the direction we are heading, just like the emancipation proclamation we need them on our side, it will take a well financed and educated group of people to convince those in charge to see the errors in this program."

"Jumping up and down while screaming does draw attention and as Jerry Springer has shown there is an audience for such behavior, but it will never change the direction we are headed."
Whenever you get that "direction" all figured out for the rest of us springer guests, you let us know. Till then, I think i'll post as i see fit.

up and down while screaming ""Jumping
Perhaps you could point that part out to us?? All i see are statements being made in a very rational manner, and even a few jokes. Im confused because that sounds like an irrational condescending damage control statement of a pgc supporter if you ask me.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-26-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, I have stated many times in the past, that the very troubles we face with the different ideas on deer management are rooted in the fact that the forests of PA are maturing now. I have said over and over that the only way we can have "the good old days" again, is to level the forests of PA and start over. We know that is never going to happen, so management has got to be handled accordingly.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

If you believe that the case (and many dont) where large unbroken forest tracts are predominant, that still doesnt explain the mismanagement and far lower than need be in the rest of the state. And no excuses apply.

And as for the northwoods areas etc. that you spoke of Liv, there is absolutely nothing that shows the current herd levels are being "handled accordingly". Need we have less deer than "the good old days" in many areas? absolutely. But that doesnt mean the current extremes are necessary.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-26-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

So if we allow the herd to rise to excessive levels, how will we keep them in check with the dropping hunter numbers? Do you think in today's world that the needed numbers of hunters will return as well? Or would we find ourselves in a predicament?
I often wonder.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

With current herd sizes, it'd be a long time before we have too few hunters to keep them in check. And noone said a thing about "excessive levels". Any amount above current level doesnt go straight to "excessive levels".

As for hunter numbers keeping a herd in check, there are similar sized states that do so with a fraction of the hunters we have. Its all about efficiency of the allocation and season lengths.

It could be also said that improving the sport of hunting would keep more hunters around which is a good thing whether or not we get others "back".

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-26-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
At this point, I prefer not to give him a paycheck. Not purchasing a license is about the only idea that I can come up with and haven't tried. Whose in?
Judging by the PGC's license sales, quite a few of us now.

It sure is fun hunting elsewhere, where you don't feel like some sort of scumbag for shooting a Doe.

Last edited by yano; 12-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sure is fun hunting elsewhere, where you don't feel like some sort of scumbag for shooting a Doe.

That is one of the biggest mistakes the PGC made while implementing the current plan. By reducing the herd to ridiculously low levels in some areas, the created a whole new generation of hunters that want to protect the doe. For many,they took the fun out of hunting doe while making it a lot harder too harvest a buck. When you combine the two negative effects, they succeeded in taking a lot of the pleasure out of deer hunting in PA.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
That is one of the biggest mistakes the PGC made while implementing the current plan. By reducing the herd to ridiculously low levels in some areas, the created a whole new generation of hunters that want to protect the doe. For many,they took the fun out of hunting doe while making it a lot harder too harvest a buck. When you combine the two negative effects, they succeeded in taking a lot of the pleasure out of deer hunting in PA.
You nailed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.