Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What PA needs .................... >

What PA needs ....................

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What PA needs ....................

Old 12-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. The PGC once represented the interests of the hunters of the state, but that is no longer the case.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by glew22
Uh Ohh. We cant have these left wing eco terrorists out there pushing good ideas. Someone make them stop!!!!
Yer catching on. Albeit slowly. But catching on. I was never big on the RoundUp idea anyway. Tops are to beneficial to not be laying on the ground protecting new growth from those vorocious deer.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by glew22
So do you think Gary Alt did anything good for PA?
Absolutely not. Any biologist that worked for at least 2 decades before he knew what a browseline looked like was out in left field. For crying out loud, I knew what a browseline was at the age of 10 and I grew up in Bethlehem Township in the flatlands where only a handfull of deer existed along the Lehigh River. Anybody that ever picked up a Game News in the 60s knew what a browseline was. Where the he11 was Gary Alt?

Alt was a conman and I'm being kind when I say that.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the fact that QDMA made him the Deer Manager of the Year shows you how little the QDMA knows about deer management in PA.
Kip Adams didn't even know what the DD goals were in 2003.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

If Obama can win the Nobel peace prize and Al Gore can invent the Internet then I see no reason to question Gary Alts credentials as manager of the year.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
And the fact that QDMA made him the Deer Manager of the Year shows you how little the QDMA knows about deer management in PA.
Kip Adams didn't even know what the DD goals were in 2003.
Now, now. While Gary Alt was the hero of years past, Kip Adams is the current king of Questionable Deer management. Don't "rip on Kip." We all know he sits on a throne of infallibility. LMAO

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 12-30-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a classic example of QDMA reps like Kip, intentional misrepresent the history of deer management in PA.

Even then, Pennsylvania 's state-wide sex ratio was <3:1. The deer population was skewed towards females but an even bigger problem was nearly all the bucks were yearlings. Pennsylvania 's new seasons are designed to tighten the sex ratio and increase the age structure of the buck population. The state of New Hampshire has a successful deer management program and its state-wide deer herd has approximately 1.5 adult does per adult buck with nearly 60% of the bucks being 2.5 years and older.
Although he was right when he said the B/D ratio was<3:1, what he didn't say is that the B/D was actually 1:2 and has been since 1980. He also failed to mention that in 2002, before we saved any bucks due to ARs we harvested 52K ,2.5+ buck which means there were at least 60K PS ,so around 25% of our PS buck were 2.5+ yrs.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Although he was right when he said the B/D ratio was<3:1, what he didn't say is that the B/D was actually 1:2 and has been since 1980. He also failed to mention that in 2002, before we saved any bucks due to ARs we harvested 52K ,2.5+ buck which means there were at least 60K PS ,so around 25% of our PS buck were 2.5+ yrs.
Kips New Hampshire hunters were never overly impressed with his program either. They used to flock to NC Pa to hunt because the hunting in NH was so bad. To bad Kip didn't invite them to his 500 acre farm here in Pa to help manage those whitetails to! Those guys don't show up here anymore since the deer herd took such a big hit. I know the campground just up the road here has lost $7K-$8K worth of revenue that came from New England hunters showing up throughout the year to scout, hunt and play. That has to hurt.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-30-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Still seeing Vermont plates up in our neck of the woods and have since the late 80s, but the Canajuns that once came, have been missing since before HR started. Don't think I've ever seen a NH plate in Ackley's lot when the place is mobbed?

Still lots of MD, DE and NJ ones, though.

One of the local DWCOs used to drive around nights right before buck season openers, with a Vermont plate on the front bumper. Don't think he ever fooled anyone, since the truck had a PA plate on the rear bumper. Used to see him alot when we were spotting.

Kip's place is down near Knoxville, I think?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

That's nice Denny.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-30-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.