Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
What PA needs .................... >

What PA needs ....................

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What PA needs ....................

Old 12-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

In this particular instance, he says he agrees 100% with the idea of scrapping the PGC and dumping it in the ocean. Hardly a realistic idea.
How many other states have a totally independent game commission that only has meet the political demands of the governor ?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

"I agree he didnt quite say quit hunting,"
Didnt QUITE say it??? Youre a very funny guy.

although he has suggested quitting PA for another state before more than once.
I NEVER said i was gonna quit hunting in Pa. Ever. In fact Ive said just the opposite on many occassions by saying I have had and will continue to have success in the future despite pgcs actions and the failed deer plan.

I Did say it is much better in other states that Ive hunted, and hunter satisfaction is lower than anywhere else Ive ever seen.

Quit trying to intentionally misrepresent peoples posts and you wouldnt have to tell half or complete mistruths, or point to other issues that may or may not have been said eons ago to cover up.

Besides, if "quitting" is what you were addressing then why did you originally not even mention it, but chose to reply with this quote from pike & I instead?::

"I think we should scrap the entire PGC. dump it in the ocean and start from scratch. Pike"

I agree 100% Jeff. How can any of us expect responsible management into the future with so many nonhunter friendly, non-caring environmentalists etc. running the show who wont compromise with anything, have very obtuse values and lie & belittle us at every turn? I dont understand how such a tyranny can be permitted to exist in this country.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-29-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

"How many other states have a totally independent game commission that only has meet the political demands of the governor ?"

Good point bb. It seems quite a few other states seem to think it "realistic". Many of us want changes made. At the moment are those desires any more realistic when they havent been addressed either for years now?

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-29-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thanks - sometimes the written word takes one to the wrong meaning.

JW
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08

Good point bb. It seems quite a few other states seem to think it "realistic". Many of us want changes made. At the moment are those desires any more realistic when they havent been addressed either for years now?
NO! NO! and NO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-29-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

How could it get much worse than it is now?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
How could it get much worse than it is now?
In my neck of the woods on state land, if the PGC doesn't do something very soon with the bear and bobcat numbers, and if the PGC doesn't do something about the anterless allocations in regards to predation losses, things are going to go from terrible to unrepairable within the next 2 years. We might be there now if predator numbers aren't brought down in a hurry.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Banned

If it came down to doing it or making no changes at all...I dont fear dcnr. If anything theyd be more directly accountable for their actions. That system works in most states. Would be better than having this supposedly "independant agency" thats nothing more than a sock puppet for dcnr to hide behind anyway.

My first choice? Fix the problems with pgc and somehow insure it doesnt happen again by addressing the commissioner selection process etc. We let "special interests" try to dictate years ago with people like Latham etc... And we gave them the boot. Thats exactly what needs to happen once more. The agency needs purged of what ails her, but i see no way of making that happen with them so thouroughly entrenched.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

But that will happen whether or not the PGc is a totally independent agency.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Honestly, in states that I hunt in that don't have an independant agency, it seems that hunters voices are heard. Just in New York alone I can think of several instances over the last few years where hunters concerns were recognized and heard. Not so here in Pa.

I hate to say it, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see the PGC, the PFBC and the DCNR all under one roof. I think we would have more say over matters that concern us then we do now. At this point, anything is better than what we have now. The PGC has outlived its worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.