Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa Game commission needs help >

Pa Game commission needs help

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Game commission needs help

Old 12-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pa Game commission needs help

just wanted to hear every1s thoughts about PA game commission.
i know ill get some ranting and raving about what i say but i would like to hear comments from fellow PA hunters.

my first problem with them is i honestly dont find them to be personable people. EVERY encounter i have had or friends and family have had with them has been a very rude, with personal attacks on intelligence and backround. I personally was stopped 11 times by the same officer and had to write a letter to harrisburg head office stating i would file harrassment charges if it continued. he checked me everyday before entering and while leaving. he even dropped my license, and was asking for my harvest report card saying he couldnt find it. wrote me a ticket then saw that he dropped it and it blew under his vehicle, told me the ticket was alreadt written and i would have to challenge it. I did and won. but honestly abuse of power much?

my second thought is shouldnt PA go back to a 3 day doe season. we have the antler restriction, but every1 is destroying doe population and killing ALOT of button bucks. the purpose of the antler restriction is to create a more mature deer population, but pretty soon there wont be any young bucks to take the place of the big guys if they are all shot.

these are just a few of my thoughts i would say get rid of the inline season during archery, but i dont wanna waste my breathe on that 1.

any1 else feel like this or am i the only 1
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Spike

You're saying that an officer spent each day checking your license both morning and evening when they only have 2 or 3 covering entire counties...not to mention that they also have to respond to any calls or issues that come up within their entire coverage area on any given day? Come on, I'm not sure that I buy that one. Sounds like the old "trading turkeys for coyotes" type of story to me.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

oh no.. he made it his duty to make my life hell.. he was the head guy for our area and thrived off the misery of others.. call this a made up story if you like.. come to my town ill let him know where you are hunting.. bring some coffee and donuts and prepare for a week of hell
Old 12-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

All my encounters with officers has been great,except for one.I have alot of respect for them.
As for deer management,in short we need changes.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please don't insult our intelligence with you made up stories. no WCO is that stupid that he will check the same hunter that many times in a season.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Please don't insult our intelligence with you made up stories. no WCO is that stupid that he will check the same hunter that many times in a season.

This is one time that I agree with the bird. I also looked back at your "story" about your friend who supposedly got fined for shooting a sub legal deer near "deerfield County"

No such County exists in PA . You are obviously making up stories as you go.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

deerfield county is right next to warren county.. 1 side of the road is deerfield.. other side is warren. warren is 4pt side.. deer is 3 pt.. my facts are straight buddy.. and if you dont believe me. try asking about officer whitecky (think thats how you spell his name) biggest a-hole on the earth.. and yes i got checked 11 times by the same officer everyday 2 times a day
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nwtrykon87
deerfield county is right next to warren county.. 1 side of the road is deerfield.. other side is warren. warren is 4pt side.. deer is 3 pt.. my facts are straight buddy.. and if you dont believe me. try asking about officer whitecky (think thats how you spell his name) biggest a-hole on the earth.. and yes i got checked 11 times by the same officer everyday 2 times a day
Or did you mean deerfield township?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good point Greg.

There is a Deerfield Township in Warren County.

Every regular WCO I've ever met in the field has been polite, courteus and professional.

I also have had a few deputies that were.... shall we say, on a big ego/power trip. The worst deputy was about 4 years ago in Forest County but I think he works Clarion too. Met him at the range on SGL 24. Rude, profane in front of 3 kids and generally just a jerk. Luckily, I was just a bystander and not the target of his wrath that day. He has a PGC logo on his personal (black Dodge) truck. Acted like the range was his own home barking at folks huffing and puffing and just seemed to be determined to provoke people.

BTW, only met him twice, but the regular Forest County WCO is a great guy and a true professional IMHO and that also seems to be his reputation in the area.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 12-21-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

AS you can clearly see nwtrykon87 has his facts straight
The PA GC is working with the CIA to keep nwktrykon87 from getting his story
out there. Sad but true.

WV Gino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.