Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa Game commission needs help >

Pa Game commission needs help

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Game commission needs help

Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy this is funny!

Just about everyone of you has had the same experiences.

Each of you say that most of your encounters have been good, then go on and say that you have dealt with at least one PGC employee that was a real arse.

The point is.........there must be a problem if almost everyone on the board has had at least one problem with a PGC employee.

There shouldn't be anyone talking about problems with an offficer.

I once was harrassed by two PGC personel for taking a video camera in the woods in the late 80's. I was without a weapon and only with a camera.

About half of my experiences with the PGC were pleasant and the other half were with rude individuals.

Once ended up in an arguement with one an officer during my daughter's hunter ed class, for asking a question. I know his name and before you ask, no it wasn't just one of the hunter ed teachers, it was one of the head PGC in this area. ( no names will be mentioned)

He was asking if any of the parents used one of those heat seeking devices to locate a deer after being shot. A few guys raised their hands. He went on a rant of how it was illegal to do so because that was considered, "locating game with an electronic device".

I raised my hand and ask if it was OK to use a flash light to look for a deer after the shot. He said yes. I then ask, well isn't a flash light condidered an electronic device, they both use batteries?

If looks could kill, I'd be a dead man.

He flew into a rant about me not being an ethical hunter if I used one of those heat seekers, as he called them.

Others started to chime in and tell him that an ethical hunter trys to locate game after the shot and not let it rot in the woods and by using the heat seeker was in no way unethical. It might be illegal in PA but not unethical.

He then went on about if you find a deer still alive and it is dark that it is not legal to finish it off, not even with a knife. Others got a bit argumentive and things seemed like a big debate for a little bit.

It seemed to me that this game warden was there to provoke hunters, not to help the kids there to take their hunter ed class. Everything he said was geared toward asking those parents about there hunting practices and ranting about what was illegal.

I could tell that the adults in attendence were not happy with him and his attitude towards us.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once hunted in my neighboring state of WV. Hunted there for 16 years.

I had several encounters with the fish and wildlife guys there.

Very pleasant!

Once me and two buddies stopped at a store to grab something to eat and met an officer on his way out. He stopped and intrduced himself. Even shook all of our hands.

He ask how the hunting was going and told us of some of the nicer deer he checked earlier in the week. Real nice guy!

When he walked away we were all stunned. The experience we just had with him was totally different than any we have had in our home state of PA.

Right away they treat you like a criminal and interrogate you.

We all commented on the difference.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
I've had good and not so good encounters.I personally know three out of the four local WCO's that surround the district where I live.The three that I know are great guys.The fourth is kind of a pinhead.There's another one that's a land manager now.She does an awesome job in that capacity and was actually a good WCO.Her people skills need some work though.I think that holds true with every job.

Would that be Coleen?
Old 12-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nwtrykon87
just wanted to hear every1s thoughts about PA game commission.

any1 else feel like this or am i the only 1
Deer Herd in Central Pa= Sucks
Pa Game Commission+= I hate what they have done

pretty much sums it up for me
Old 12-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we should scrap the entire PGC. dump it in the ocean and start from scratch. Pike
Old 12-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My father son and myself had a encounter with a pair of wco. We was in my driveway getting ready to head out. they drove by stopped backed up, parked smack dab in middle of road like pinheads. Get out ask what we have been seeing and such,they seemed friendly. I'm sure they took a glance at our equipment while they was talking. But seemed decent.They was big enough i doubt they get more then 10 feet from truck thou lmao
Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Banned

"I think we should scrap the entire PGC. dump it in the ocean and start from scratch. Pike"

I agree 100% Jeff. How can any of us expect responsible management into the future with so many nonhunter friendly, non-caring environmentalists etc. running the show who wont compromise with anything, have very obtuse values and lie & belittle us at every turn? I dont understand how such a tyranny can be permitted to exist in this country.