Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA? >

HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

Currently environmentalist extremists are a thorn in everyones backside in one way or another.

Hard to see it that way though, when thats exactly what your agency is made up of.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a question,no one know how many deer are out there so to say we want a 20% increase is tough.I mean what's 20% over a number we don't know?Therefore,what deer density would hunters think is acceptable?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That shows just how little you know and how you accept the PGC propaganda. The fact is , every year they estimate the population the same way they have been doing for over the last 25 years. If they didn't they couldn't estimate the change in population that they list in the AWR.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
Just a question,no one know how many deer are out there so to say we want a 20% increase is tough.I mean what's 20% over a number we don't know?Therefore,what deer density would hunters think is acceptable?

On the flipside, I been saying that all along...the PGC wants a 20-30% reduction. 20-30% of what? We have 1,000,000 deer and we take out 20%....200,000. But what if there was only 300,000 to begin with? I see the PGC thought this through real well didnt they?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those who are against hunting use their money to buy influence politicians to make changes that are advantageous to there views. And on state owned land they have every right to press for their lands to be managed for the diversity they believe in. We have many groups against what we do and hat we want to see.

And as a group hunters are way to divided a group to present a solid front or lobby for a meaningful change.To read the bitterness and hatred for their fellow hunters posted here only shows why we fail as a group to be heard by the politicians that can make the changes any feel would help increase hunter numbers and increase funding for our sport.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

And as a group hunters are way to divided a group to present a solid front or lobby for a meaningful change.To read the bitterness and hatred for their fellow hunters posted here only shows why we fail as a group to be heard by the politicians that can make the changes any feel would help increase hunter numbers and increase funding for our sport.
I agree that hunters who think that the solution to the problem is for hunters to buy and manage their own land are very are part of the problem rather than being part of the solution.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

May be you could point out the down side of owning and managing your own land.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be happy to as soon as you can explain how much land is available to purchase, for each of our 926K hunters,when the total state is 45,000 SM. Now remember to subtract SGLs, SFL ,ANF all farm land , and all developed areas.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Larry I, kinda figure that one would stump you.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your not even close, but that is about what I expected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.