Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Has herd reduction gone too far in your area of Pa?
YES
67.05%
NO
32.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Pa Hunters Poll

Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Yeah, 2, thats what most are saying in this area.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

I cant wait to see how this poll ends up!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

I don't predict much of a change...unless of course, some fellas tell all their buddies at the PGC fan site, and they all rush over and join up, just to skewer the poll, and save their dearly beloved agency from more public humiliation. I honestly think that 70/30 is probably a pretty accurate model of disapproval/ approval. Notably that the 30% minority would be overwhelmingly constituted of private land hunters, QDM managers, etc...who have essentially been unaffected by the deer management plan other than the AR, which I imagine many were already practicing to some degree anyway, prior to the new regulations. Seems more and more guys are waking up each year. I even know a few "hardcore" supporters from just a year or two ago, who seem to have suddenly realized the mess we're in.

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 12-17-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Banned

Agree with everything ss. The results thusfar are similar to every other legit. poll ive seen on the topic . IVe seen polls taken on this exact thing, which had similar numbers. Ive seen them on pgc approval, licence fee increase...etc. etc. And ALL legitimate polls ran from around 64-65% up to 80% or so against.

Some might contend that a small poll such as this may not be a reliable indicator on the opinions of the masses, and id agree a small sampling can be questioned, and its not exactly as if this is intended to carry weight in decision making. If pgc wanted to, they could get opinions just the same as the legislator did in the legislator survey results I posted.

But when its the same result over and over and over...on several boards, on several websites using the poll feature here, using the new poll feature here with changes made to prevent skewing, using typed response polls.....It is what it is. Along with all that, most will tell you that most they know also feel that way as well.... And real world poll by legislator gets the exact same result.. Well I think then it might be time to accept what is being shown.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-17-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Personally, I've heard and seen enough of these polls. It is obvious, those for or against the present deer program have voiced many times they would like to see some changes.
How do we GET "R" DONE? Logged onto this site pizzin and moaning is not going anywhere.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Banned

The solution is one that the ardent pgc supports dont want to hear, or at least dont want other hunters to hear, and thats because it is the only potentially effective means of nipping this thing in the bud once and for all. Its all about the legislators right now. Pgc has had more than enough time to do something and they flatly refuse. Legislative intervention is badly needed. The Game commission needed legislative means to become an agency, they need them to approve fee increases. They need the governors approval for their very existence. So dont buy it when people say legislators have no business getting involved. It makes no sense.

In carefully thought out emails Legislators should be told that we dont support the current deer management plan direction, we dont feel we are being heard at all by the commission. Maybe adding some accurate facts that have been discussed on internet boards, from pgc data or whatever that you may feel important and supports your views. Fairly short and to the point. Its not just about an individual trying to talk them into taking action. Its about numbers and adding another voice to the many who have already done so. And i wouldnt limit it to your local rep. I suggest a copy be sent to them all, copy and pasted addresses can be used in block form to hit em all at once. Then do the same with the senators for good measure. Then when you see the allocations for the year this spring and if they are the same ol same ol, do it again with a slightly different message and your feelings on the allocation.

It would also be a good idea, imho to include something along the lines of not supporting a fee increase until a responsible direction is taken.

It only takes a matter of minutes, and If a lot more people would do this, its very possible real change would come of it. So far, those doing exactly as Ive spoken of, have been responsible for the very few changes that have been implement, although relatively meaningless. It shows that the pressure is making them think at pgc. It also has to this point prevented the fee increase. They have plenty of income currently. They are in no danger of going immediately bankrupt. They do have to plan for the future though. They are simply holding out as long as they can but WILL compromise given the time to consider the alternatives.

Btw, dont overlook the power of the internet. Im not exaggerating one bit when I say I think youd be very surprised if you knew who views the posts made on a few of these boards. Happen to know for a fact some legislators, some upper pgc staff, boc members and others. We can give the false impression all is fine and dandy or we can let them know what we think on a consistent basis. Thats also exactly, i believe, why some very extreme types/environmentalists like to regularly make their voices heard on some of these boards.

Aside from those things, we are all just basically waiting for the results of that fraud audit so pgc can shovel the last of the dirt over our bones.

If anyone has anything better, or additional suggestions Im all ears.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-17-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blkpowder
How do we GET "R" DONE? Logged onto this site pizzin and moaning is not going anywhere.
You are absolutely correct.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Thats also exactly, i believe, why some very extreme types/environmentalists like to regularly make their voices heard on some of these boards.
I agree Cornelius. I do believe there are some wolves in sheep's clothing on these sites. They would want us all to believe that they are hunters and are just like you and me when the reallity is far from the truth. The truth is they don't want us to realize who they really are. I think we all need to realize this possibility and be on guard.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, the New Age Environmental extremist conspirators are everywhere, even here. Be careful, be VERY careful....
Attached Thumbnails Pa Hunters Poll-tinfoilhat.jpg  
Old 12-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Dont take our word for it. Do your own homework. Id say you need it more than anyone not being from here or hunting here. Plenty of info available for those not too lazy to look. Do a search for deer + Pa +audubon. Read about 200 pages then, head over to pgc site and look into the biodiversity partnership details. Then try and see what contributions guys like Tim Shaeffer, Byron shissler Marret grund and other members of the audubon deer study team and others have made,as im sure you dont know who any of them are. Get back to us when youre caught up.

Btw, that pic is pretty funny. lmao. Noticed your new avatar as well. The second in a row with scantily clad man on it. Not being critical, but whats up whit dat? lol. Dont see many hunters with avatars of scantily clad men holding large pythons these days. lmao. ....Just bustin' your chops.

"Yes, the New Age Environmental extremist conspirators are everywhere"

I dont know about "everywhere" but theyre in our game commission, and audubon in the past, had asked their membership to post on hunting boards to make their voices heard. Did they heed the call and find their way here? Dont know. But I do know some who belong to those type groups and claim to be hunters post on other boards. But what do i know? Id only been on the board in question for nearly a decade.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.