Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Best season ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Best season ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Best season ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I've got to tell you, this thread really helped snap me out of a funk that I've been in since late November. You see, I was up in NY deer hunting. I was hunting with a guy that has been my hunting bud since 1976. He and I had been all over this country together hunting and fishing, as well as in B.C. bear hunting and elk hunting. One evening he didn't return to his house. Long story short, I found him dead in his treestand later that night from an apparent heart attack.

Needless to say, this season was a bummer for me. But for whatever reason, when I seen this thread and realized that new blood replaces old blood, I began to think more rationally.

Thanks for getting that young man interested and thanks again for a great post.
Manyspurs,My condolences to you for your loss of a great friend and hunting companion. I'm sure the memories of those special qualities that bonded that friendship will always live on.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I did nothing more than any of you would have done, its like pulling some one from a burning car, if you happen upon an accident you help. I just happened to have the opportunity to give a helping hand.
One of the greatest things about the land I own is the ability to offer a better set of circumstances to put some one on deer than if they go hit public lands.
He's a great kid and with luck he enjoy a life time of the great outdoors.

Here's Drake and his grandfather, who by the way is allergic to deer.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I've got to tell you, this thread really helped snap me out of a funk that I've been in since late November. You see, I was up in NY deer hunting. I was hunting with a guy that has been my hunting bud since 1976. He and I had been all over this country together hunting and fishing, as well as in B.C. bear hunting and elk hunting. One evening he didn't return to his house. Long story short, I found him dead in his treestand later that night from an apparent heart attack.

Needless to say, this season was a bummer for me. But for whatever reason, when I seen this thread and realized that new blood replaces old blood, I began to think more rationally.

Thanks for getting that young man interested and thanks again for a great post.
My condolences for your loss MS. That would definitely put a cloud over anyone. Your post about new blood tell us that you have the right perspective about e very tough situation.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bawanajim
I did nothing more than any of you would have done, its like pulling some one from a burning car, if you happen upon an accident you help. I just happened to have the opportunity to give a helping hand.
One of the greatest things about the land I own is the ability to offer a better set of circumstances to put some one on deer than if they go hit public lands.
He's a great kid and with luck he enjoy a life time of the great outdoors.

Here's Drake and his grandfather, who by the way is allergic to deer.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. Renny was one he11uva hunting fool and a great friend and always had my back covered and vice versa. I'm gonna miss him dearly.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Great story and great pics ! Do me one favor though,please ask him to get rid of that horrific Caterpillar hat.I'll even buy him his choice of new orange ones if he'll send me that one !
Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

First...admit that you want the Cat hat. LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Jim.My hat goes off to you brother.

Manyspurs,so sorry to hear about your bud.I hope things get better for you this season.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Rich.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Oh,I do want the Cat hat,only so I can desecrate it in front of my local salesman !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.