Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pic of the hunter who cost me an 8 point, 4A. >

Pic of the hunter who cost me an 8 point, 4A.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pic of the hunter who cost me an 8 point, 4A.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
chekin him out ehhhh?
Dem bears be HAWWWTTTTT
Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Very cool. Better luck next time!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bear

Cool pic..........sorry about your hunt though...lol
Old 12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, it was cool though. I'm going to try and get a buck in the late season, I like my chances. And seeing the bear still has me on Cloud 9, and after research I am leaning towards he was close to 400 than 300 pounds.

Last edited by WestVirginiaBrent; 12-14-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

cool pics...what a good story
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story!

I have a question for you. I'm always curious what logic other hunters use for shooting bucks as opposed to does. I noticed you said that the eight point depicted in your story wasn't as nice as others you already have mounted. If you had killed this eight point would you have mounted it anyway? If not, would you have shot it just because it's a buck with a decent rack? Not knocking what other hunters shoot. To each his own. I just like to know what other hunters think when they are picking which animals to shoot when they have options.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Spike

You don't have a bear season there. If it was here he would be on my grill and a rug on my floor.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by chazspot
Great story!

I have a question for you. I'm always curious what logic other hunters use for shooting bucks as opposed to does. I noticed you said that the eight point depicted in your story wasn't as nice as others you already have mounted. If you had killed this eight point would you have mounted it anyway? If not, would you have shot it just because it's a buck with a decent rack? Not knocking what other hunters shoot. To each his own. I just like to know what other hunters think when they are picking which animals to shoot when they have options.

Thanks

I don't have an antlerless tag for PA, so I was limited to a buck. I let this little basket 6 walk Opening Day there:

My requirement is it has to be a buck I am proud of, so the criteria is not set in stone. When I went out that day I had two things in my mind: trophy buck or jerky buck, he was a jerky buck.

I hunt 2 places, my buddy's land in PA and my place in Harrison County, WV. Opening day in PA I am holding out for a monster buck, because they are there. Opening Day WV and I am shooting any decent 2.5+ year old buck that walks in front of me. Here was my opening day WV buck:

Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by duramax04.5
You don't have a bear season there. If it was here he would be on my grill and a rug on my floor.

PA Bear starts on Opening Day rifle for WV, I don't miss Opening Day WV for anything short of a zombie apocalypse.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

too bad you didn't get the buck.. cool encounter though..
I had that happen in MA once, but it wasn't an 8 pointer, only a yearling doe, so I wasn't too upset!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.