Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Saturday May Be The Best >

Saturday May Be The Best

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Saturday May Be The Best

Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

No snow in this part of the southwest. Looking out the window i see nothing but green grass at the moment.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 PM
G92
Fork Horn

illl be goin out dont expect to see much in the form of bucks...unless there pushed...but hopefully fill my doe tag and maybe a buck ya never know
Old 12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had about 4 inches for a brief time yesterday.It rained for a little will and froze.Saturday will be awefully crunchy.I neglected to plow my driveway and it was a solid sheet of ice this morning when I left for work.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I know where I hunt I am not getting my hopes up. I thought the second day would be better action than the first day cause there didn't seem to be many guys out and little shooting probly from the rain. Second day was equally poor. Then I thought last Saturday was going to be good cause it was colder and its the weekend more guys would be out not having to take off work, and ended up seeing no deer and no hunters. I would like to think the last hurrah hunters would be out this Saturday, but it will probly end up sounding like a Sunday.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Got my rifle buck and got my ML buck. I still have a doe tag to work on and saturday just might be the day.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be out...last weekend of shotgun season...hope to put my tag on a decent buck...
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Today was the best day of the season for my archery and fly fishing buddy Joe T. "Sorry",no photos at this time. My buddy still uses a friggin film loaded camera. Anyway, we where sitting in small tree line that connects a choked creek bottom to a cut corn field. At the upper end of the tree line,I spotted movement. I glassed it. It was two nice buck engaged in a full blown brawl. I turned over my shoulder and said,there is two buck fighting at the end of this tree line. My buddy said lets get up their. We get 60 yards from the end of the tree line and these two buck are meshed together. He said; is anyone of them legal? I said;he!! yeah! They are both legal,one is definitely bigger. After what seemed about five minutes more of pushing and twisting and dirt flying. They finally separated. BBD! Eighteen inch inside spread, eight point. Ten and a quarter inch G2's and some nice mass all the way around. Part of the ear hanging and a deep bloody gouge in the throat and under the chin. We both agreed, that we would ever imagined seeing a buck fight like that at this time of year.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Saw several hunters in the area. Heard 2 shots all morning. Myself and a bowhunting buddy who also filled his tag earlier on, drove several patches for 4 standers, for a total of I believe it was 4 doe and a 4 point. Noone in the group wanted to shoot doe so no shots fired.

Gorgeous weather. Fun gettin' together for the day, but pathetic deer numbers. Woulda stayed out longer, but the standers had no interest in doing so after several pushes, said to hell with it in disgust, as "bird-dog" who was i to complain? lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got done a little early today. Been chasing them for the kids all season. Late archery will be for me. We had a good season
Old 12-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Today was the best day of the season for my archery and fly fishing buddy Joe T. "Sorry",no photos at this time. My buddy still uses a friggin film loaded camera. Anyway, we where sitting in small tree line that connects a choked creek bottom to a cut corn field. At the upper end of the tree line,I spotted movement. I glassed it. It was two nice buck engaged in a full blown brawl. I turned over my shoulder and said,there is two buck fighting at the end of this tree line. My buddy said lets get up their. We get 60 yards from the end of the tree line and these two buck are meshed together. He said; is anyone of them legal? I said;he!! yeah! They are both legal,one is definitely bigger. After what seemed about five minutes more of pushing and twisting and dirt flying. They finally separated. BBD! Eighteen inch inside spread, eight point. Ten and a quarter inch G2's and some nice mass all the way around. Part of the ear hanging and a deep bloody gouge in the throat and under the chin. We both agreed, that we would ever imagined seeing a buck fight like that at this time of year.

Sounds like a great day. Tell Joe congrats for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.