Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Shisslers "Pa's best deer management in nation" revisited >

Shisslers "Pa's best deer management in nation" revisited

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shisslers "Pa's best deer management in nation" revisited

Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Thank you and yes it does. Because it was in direct response to this......

You suggested that Doug was not telling the truth and that no one else has experiences like he does and I stand by my response.
That has nothing to do with you implying that those who are unsuccessful and or complain about our hunting are spending more time on this forum when they should be hunting and you know it.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once again, I said what I said in response to your post immediately before mine and I stand by it. Either you still don't understand it or You are trying to make it something that it was not.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Once again, I said what I said in response to your post immediately before mine and I stand by it. Either you still don't understand it or You are trying to make it something that it was not.
I understand exactly what you said.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good! Glad we cleared that up
Old 12-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, you jumped down his throat. He apologizes and all is forgiven.

Yet you fail to realize, that by him making a statement like that, he must have feelings that lean that way.

Is that OK if he might have feelings that lean that way? I guess it is OK with you.

We're talking about the future of hunting here, your kids and my kids, my grandchildren and your grandchildren, and we got guys like RSB and the rest of the PGC ruining what is left of hunting in PA. So much so that RSB would come on a public forum and make a statement like that.........And you support him.

It makes the rest of us wonder what kind of guy you are.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Yes, you jumped down his throat. He apologizes and all is forgiven.

Yet you fail to realize, that by him making a statement like that, he must have feelings that lean that way.

Is that OK if he might have feelings that lean that way? I guess it is OK with you.

We're talking about the future of hunting here, your kids and my kids, my grandchildren and your grandchildren, and we got guys like RSB and the rest of the PGC ruining what is left of hunting in PA. So much so that RSB would come on a public forum and make a statement like that.........And you support him.

It makes the rest of us wonder what kind of guy you are.
I support much of what he says but the taking of non hunter money is a place where we strongly disagree and I've said so.

I really find it sadly amusing that many hunters who claim to be worried about outside funding being a threat (with which I agree 100%) are also the idiots who are behind the pressure on the legislature to strangle the PGC by continuing to deny a reasonable license fee increase. They correctly claim that the outside money will further erode hunter input while stupidly setting that very thing up to happen.

Your last few posts tell us exactly what kind of guy you are
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

At this point in time , a license fee increase will simply mean more hunters will quit and there will still not be enough revenue to fund the PGC, so there will still be a need for outside funding.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you and yes it does. Because it was in direct response to this......

You suggested that Doug was not telling the truth and that no one else has experiences like he does and I stand by my response.
I've never lied about a single thing and can back up everything I've posted.It's easy to check harvest records on the PGC webiste now.If you want,I'll send you my driver's lisence number in a pm and you can check out my harvest reports for this year.I didn't take pictures of all my deer this year but I did take pictures of three of them.I'll print them out and mail them to you if you want.

I don't think it's all rosey.We have alot less deer than we used to and for good reason.Still,it's easy to find and kill deer in the wmu THAT HAS THE LOWEST DD IN THE ENTIRE STATE.I never claimed to be a super hunter which is my whole point.I'm an average guy that takes one vacation day a year to hunt.All of my hunting is done on saturdays.I don't shoot deer in the same areas from year to year either.I hunt as conditions change and find plenty of deer.Obviously,my idea of plenty and your idea of plenty are far different.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I've never lied about a single thing and can back up everything I've posted.It's easy to check harvest records on the PGC webiste now.If you want,I'll send you my driver's lisence number in a pm and you can check out my harvest reports for this year.I didn't take pictures of all my deer this year but I did take pictures of three of them.I'll print them out and mail them to you if you want.

I don't think it's all rosey.We have alot less deer than we used to and for good reason.Still,it's easy to find and kill deer in the wmu THAT HAS THE LOWEST DD IN THE ENTIRE STATE.I never claimed to be a super hunter which is my whole point.I'm an average guy that takes one vacation day a year to hunt.All of my hunting is done on saturdays.I don't shoot deer in the same areas from year to year either.I hunt as conditions change and find plenty of deer.Obviously,my idea of plenty and your idea of plenty are far different.

Hope you didnt misunderstand there Doug. I didnt doubt anything you said. I was defending the idea that hunters like yourself who work at it or hunt smarter DO find the deer.

Look back at the pages and you'll see that it was not me who questioned your accounts of your success. This new system doesnt seem to pull the entire post when you do a quote sometimes and my last post wound up a bit misleading.

I was stickin up for ya bud!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 12-11-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm an average guy that takes one vacation day a year to hunt.All of my hunting is done on saturdays.I don't shoot deer in the same areas from year to year either.I hunt as conditions change and find plenty of deer.Obviously,my idea of plenty and your idea of plenty are far different.
If 100 additional hunters hunted the same areas you were hunting and took the same number of deer ,what would happen to the herd and the quality of hunting in your area? Like I said before you are benefiting from the reduced hunting pressure and finding small pockets of good deer numbers.

Here is what the PGC has to say about your claim that we should have a well developed understory in pole and saw timber stands.

Deer and trees – "Once the average tree is about 10 years old, its lowest branches are too high above the ground for a deer to reach; therefore, it no longer produces food for a whitetail. If that tree is destined to become merchantable timber, it might be as long as 90 years before it is cut. Also, during those 90 years, foliage in the upper story of the tree shades the forest beneath, so that other vegetation is unable to grow there. As far as deer food is concerned, the tree is a wildlife desert for 90 years out of 100, unless it happens to be a mast-producing species." - 5\71 PA Game News

Last edited by bluebird2; 12-11-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.