HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Son finally conects.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/311150-son-finally-conects.html)

WNYhunter 11-30-2009 08:09 AM

Son finally conects....

1 Attachment(s)
Well my son finally settled his nerves and connected on this great doe. He has had a great year, He missed 3 with his bow and 7 with the gun till this one. Lucky number 11. Boy with the new broadheads and all the sluggs I had to buy for him, I hope he gets a little less costly as time goes on... LOL. I couldn't be more proud of him now as a deer hunter and a father.

Misses
#1 doe 5 yrds hit a tree..bow
#2 doe 10 yrds over the back..bow
#3 buck 25 yrds under ....bow
#4 doe gun opening day am
#5 doe gun opening day am
#6 doe gun opening day pm
#7 & 8 Doe an fawn thanksgiving day am 5 shots 20 yrds lol
#9 Buck thanksgiving day am, came in right after the doe and fawn 30 yrds
#10 doe thanksgiving day am at 11am, we were packing it up for the morning.

And lucky 11, 2 days after thanksgiving it was 8am and we were talking about a turkey in front of us. Next thing I know, BOOM, I thought he shot at the turkey, then BOOM and he goes nuts, she's down she's down he's saying. I am looking around wondering what the hell just happened and then I see her. High 5's and hugs. Man what a great morning.

Now just so you all know, I was beside my son for all the shooting and want you all to know there was not any unsafe shot. Alot of laughing but never an unsafe shot.

unklechuckles19 11-30-2009 08:16 AM

Congrats to you both! I know my first deer took a few slugs to finally settle the nerves. She'll be fiiiine eating!

CharlieNY 11-30-2009 08:44 AM

Congratulations to both son and dad. Tell your son that he should feel "lucky" to have gotten that many shots, despite the misses. Many NY veteran hunters are complaining about seeing no deer or very few deer this season. As the father of a son who is now a young man, my best hunting memories are of the times spent in the woods with my son when he was a youngster. You can look forward to the great memories and to the years to come spent hunting with your son. And I am sure you will never forget the laughs!

Phil from Maine 11-30-2009 09:16 AM

Congrats to you and your son on a fine hunting season.. I can remember when my son got his first deer .. He missed a few as well. I only encoraged him and explained it is going to happen until that one day you can connect.. He ended up connecting on a big spikehorn and was he ever happy with that one.. Thanks for sharing your story with your son..

Saxman1819 11-30-2009 09:25 AM

Awesome!!!!

Western MA Hunter 12-01-2009 06:53 AM

congrats to him.. you both must be proud!

Mountain Goat 36 12-02-2009 08:00 PM

Congratulations to both of you. I know the feeling, my son also got his first deer this year. Good job

baileym62 12-05-2009 04:06 PM

anyone who says they dont miss either dont shoot or is just lieing congrats i cant wait till mine is old enough be proud of him and yourself for getting him into it and keeping him upbeat after the misses, good job