Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA >

Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA

Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Another rainy, crappy weather opener in PA

Well how did everyone do?! I slept in, I've been hunting in NY all last week and have college class until 2pm today. Tomorrow is a different story, the little brother and I will be out nice and early in 3D, with some better weather hopefully. Let's see some pictures!!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rainy

It was terrible here in southwest, Pennsylvania. I didn't even get out of my truck until 7:30am and was home by 11am. The weather was terrible, rain, fog, dropping temperatures and high winds really made it for a very bad opening gun season in PA. Now we call all b*tch at the states DNR for not letting us bowhunt up until opening day of rifle season.....doesn't make sence does it? They (DNR) take bow season out when the rut begins to heat up and can't hunt for 2+ weeks.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Spike

I was going to go out but watching the weather last night I decided to go to work instead. Talking with a few friends they didn't even see a doe in our area. Makes you wonder I guess.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I was one of the fortunate ones that got his buck during archery. I didn't miss going out in this cold rain. My neighbor/hunting buddy was out all day and didn't see a thing - not even another hunter. I have an anterless tag, but I'm waiting for flintlock season, my other passion.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now we call all b*tch at the states DNR for not letting us bowhunt up until opening day of rifle season.....doesn't make sence does it? They (DNR) take bow season out when the rut begins to heat up and can't hunt for 2+ weeks.
DNR does not control the length of the archery season. the PGC establishes the length of all our hunting season except migratory birds.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Sat in a tree since 5:30 am. Seen my first deer , 3 doe at 4:45 pm and they busted me to boot. No big deal I don't take does at this place anyway, back at it tuesday.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
DNR does not control the length of the archery season. the PGC establishes the length of all our hunting season except migratory birds.
Regardless of who does what, the states game comission makes the laws as well as outlines the season in Pennsylvania and they suck!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC does not make laws.The legislature makes laws.

Back to the weather.It was pretty crappy.It ranked up with there with one of the 5 worst openers of all times for me.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

Now youre being a bit nitpicky doug. You know what the guy meant. He spoke of season lengths etc. That IS set by The pennsylvania greed commission. And it make little difference wether you call it a law as many who arent politically active in pgc business do, or regulation.

If anything many of our legislators are looking out for us and have stepped in on hunters behalf, more than once to curtail pgc abuse of power and grotesque mismanagement by not granting fee increase and by forcing an audit not to mention chastising those in charge publicly quite often.

You inexplicably try to coddle pgc at all costs constantly, no matter what, and at every opportunity put all blame on legislators when its not them who have control over the things the man is complaining about in this instance and in most others. The legislators didnt do ANY of the things hunters complain about (right of wrongly)...Crossbows were implemented by pgc and were a controversial issue. Pgc made all changes to deer program and went with excessive hr. Pgc is also in charge of the things spoken of by RF. So lets not try to pass the buck. Lets expect responsible accountability from the agency in charge once in awhile eh? OTher than growing lots of nice pretty trillium for us, i guess they arent expected to do anything.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-01-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Banned

Crappy weather Doug? I agree. But unfortunately, that'll be the convenient excuse for deer harvest again this year. And whether its higher than last year, lower or the same, doesnt matter what the weather is like from here on out,' or how thourough and efficient our harvest might end up anyway... we gotta kill more next year. That'll undoubtedly be the pgc/audubon/dcnr collaborated warcry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.