HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Less Deer in NY? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/310938-less-deer-ny.html)

BigBuck95 11-27-2009 12:50 PM

Less Deer in NY?

For the last 4 days ive sat, i havent seen ANY deer. Really, I mean totally NONE. Zero. Is anyone else having these problems? Its normal to sit for a morning, but 4 DAYS?!?!?!?!? Both morning and afternoon, and zippo. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing :poke:

joesplace 11-27-2009 02:06 PM

I have been having the same problem I seen six opening day and none since.

turkeygirl2 11-27-2009 03:32 PM

Same here....Week 1 and I've only seen 2 deer...a small doe on Tuesday and a nice sized doe tonight...Of course the weather has been too warm for this time of year...Maybe this cold will move them more...I think the bucks are maybe locked down on the does now...seemed to me the rut was a little late this year...When archery ended, I would say it hadn't quite peaked...

maugus63 11-27-2009 05:14 PM

Same here-I havent seen a Deer since monday afternoon. And that one was the only one I saw all day Monday. Have hunted every day except Wednesday and it has been super slow here in the eastern part of 6R. Saturday was the best day for "sightings" so far. Saw 5 Deer, all does/fawns. So far it has not been anything like last year.

BigBuck95 11-28-2009 08:47 AM

Good to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I saw 5 opening day and none since. Its very strange, i have never experienced this before. I agree with MagnumMan. Feast or famine, lately.

Helderberghunter 11-28-2009 09:17 AM

Same here---nothing Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues---didn't go out Thursday--yesterday (Friday 11/27) saw 1 flag

Does anyone have a clue what is up---is the rut over in NY?

SteveBNy 11-28-2009 11:36 AM

Sightings down as well during hunting season - BUT the numbers I observed all summer where the same as past years.

crokit 11-28-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Helderberghunter (Post 3513718)
Same here---nothing Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues---didn't go out Thursday--yesterday (Friday 11/27) saw 1 flag

Does anyone have a clue what is up---is the rut over in NY?

Sorry, but can't help it. A BIG reason why it's called HUNTING, not SEEING or KILLING season.:arms:

What Steve said also.

BigBuck95 11-28-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by crokit (Post 3513870)
Sorry, but can't help it. A BIG reason why it's called HUNTING, not SEEING or KILLING season.:arms:

What Steve said also.

Thats true Crokit, but when you sit and don't see anything for a week straight everyday, I call that Cold 'n' bored :confused0024::deer: Hey! Look! Thats the first deer ive seen in a week. And im on the computer!! :s3:

unklechuckles19 11-28-2009 02:30 PM

I've been hunting 8Y since opening day, and I saw 4 doe Wednesday, 5 Thursday (thanksgiving) and 4 doe plus a bear Friday. Wednesday morning was the only morning I had a shot at the big fat one, but didn't take it...I'm starting to regret it. My uncle shot a 4 point here Friday and that's the only buck our gang has seen. The guys across the gully from us took a nice 8 point the second day, but that's all. Been real slow here in the mountains where we hunt.