Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Wam bam thanku mam >

Wam bam thanku mam

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wam bam thanku mam

Old 11-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with the WMUs we need to go back to the county management. The county I live in is split up into two different WMUs and to put us with one that has a big city in it just isnt fair. While I too, have my beefs with the PGC, they arent gonna win and make me move out of the area. If I move out of the area it will be either cuz I need a new job or Im too old and cant handle the cold no more......lol
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
and front porch hunting isn't exactly my idea of how things should be, either. Unless you are handicapped (or just lazy) why not get off your porch and enjoy bagging a deer on a ridgetop, or down in a swamp.
I guess most people left on this site don't know cardeer. He is an icon here on HNI with around 16,000 posts and one of a kind. If anyone has one of the old reunion pictures please post.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-29-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I guess most people left on this site don't know cardeer. He is an icon here on HNI with around 16,000 posts and one of a kind. If anyone has one of the old reunion pictures please post.
i guess if i save all the time i put into the woods...instead of hunting from my porch...then i would have time to post 16,000 times and be an icon too
Old 11-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

OK I found an old picture of Cardeer and friends in the archives. I found it in one of priz's posts a long while back. I can't think of a better post to come off # 10,000 than to repost this picture taken a long time ago with some of the founding fathers of HNI. All you young eager beavers take a look at a true sportsman. If he wants or needs to hunt off his porch now he deserves to. If you never read his posts then you missed something special. This was taken during the era when HNI was tops.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-30-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for sharing the pic C.I. ... I can remember some of the stuff from when I first joined.. There was a lot of good things flying around on these forums about him and those necklaces he had given out.. I used to see quite a bit of posting from the Taz as well.. Every once in a while a few posts will show up from ArcticBowMan but not very many.. Cardeer is in fact quite an icon to this site from all the info that flew around on these forums..
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 AM
Dominant Buck

When I was looking for the cardeer pic I saw some of ArcticBowMan and that guy has some great trophy pics. The real deal and owner of more than one cardeer necklace. Those must have had some powerful mojo. I wish the mods would merge his two identities and give him back the original cardeer name. Since it was caused by the system and they said it could be fixed I wonder why it never was made right.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cardeer, You talk about family but from reading your posts over the years you weren't there much for your's when your kids were growing up were you?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with a guy shooting a deer from his porch,as long as it's legal.I do have a problem with that guy saying that there should be so many deer that shooting one from the porch is as hard as one should have to hunt.It's the venomous nature of the posts and outlandish demands and conspiacy theories that does no one any good.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

Yeah Doug. You keep telling people that. Thats what is causing hunting in pa to decline. Its all the unfounded conspiracy theories & their "venomous nature". Pgc plays no role, in fact they are the victims in all this. lmao.

On a serious note, I see no problem with someone shooting a deer from the porch. Though it may be a surprise to more urban folks.

A rifle can shoot hundreds of yards and a house out in the sticks isnt gonna definately have worse habitat within gun range than if no house had been there, and could be better than elsewhere on the property. And unless someone has dogs running loose and kids regularly playing out, I dont see houses in the country "scaring" deer. Ive never hunted from anyones porch though Id taken bucks archery season well within 200 yards of residences on more than one occassion through the years. Hunt where the deer are. If thats right off your porch, more power to ya.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I archery hunt 50 yards from sandmounds, and take my gun for nature walks each December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.