Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Where is everyone???? >

Where is everyone????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where is everyone????

Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default Where is everyone????

Haven't seen BTB (probably in Ill.), Doug, Cornelius, Bawanajim...even Bluebird in quite a while. Can't remember the last PA debate thread I saw. Did I miss something, did they all get booted off, or did they just migrate to another board? Kinda miss all the debating...Hope everyone is safe and enjoying the hunting seasons. I'll be in bear camp Sunday, can't wait...then meat season. Good luck all and be safe.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck to you as well. I won't be heading out for bear (that I know of...I can always feel a "sick day" coming on... ).

I haven't posted here in awhile but I am still around.

You are right. There hasn't been a notable PA debate thread in some time. I remember several years ago when we had one individual who continued to come on here and cause quite a stir with his comments about hunting in PA and those involved with it. I have not seen him in years. Maybe he finally was content with the hunting opportunity on his own property.

I have not scored yet this year but I am looking forward to the upcoming rifle season.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasnt on for awhile . Till last night. I was thinking same thing SS,
Were did the pa boys go?
Goodluck too the bear guys
Goodluck too the ny guys in there gun season on sat.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe all the PGC supporters had a tough archery season and are having second thoughts about their support for the PGC. Despite the claims that ARs would improve the rut, there was no signs of rutting activity in my area of 5C. I never saw so few scrapes and rubs even though the herd is better that it was the last few years.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, were all out hunting and too tired to sit in front of the puter and post. I too don't like the PGC's ideals but I really can't complain too much cause in the last 2 years I got 2 nice buck with the bow here in Northumberland Co. Didn't see too many deer, only 3 doe and 7 buck but 5 of those buck were shooters.
Grouse numbers are down. A lot of turkey - they seem to be everywhere (except when you're trying to find them.) Had them within 45 yds of me almost every time out when I had a bow in my hand. Now that I have the 17, I can't find them. Maybe I should put my treestand back up and sit in it for turkey....
Old 11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

It takes two to tangle and BT picked up his marbles and went home.

I have been more focused on my hunting and I came down with the swine flu last week. I thought I was too old to get it but I guess I must still be a youngster after all. I was also involved watching the world series and play-off games.

Last edited by Maverick 1; 11-18-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to BTB when I was in IL. He should be back by now. Hope all is well! with him and everybody.

Hatchet jack
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Just got back on line. Caught a virus from this site. Had to reinstall everything along with putting in a new hard drive. I see a few members scored since I've been away. Got to offer my congrat's to them.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

i could not get on until yesterday.would not let me post.will try to get on more .
Old 11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was busy hunting for the most part. I had a hell of a ride the last week of archery. One of our gang got the biggest buck of his career to this point. My brother missed a huge 8 point and I shot over the back of a tremendous 9 point on the last Friday of the season. I caught this buck in a pattern he was following every day at about 4 pm. He would walk the perimeter of his valley checking for does and would walk a creekbed ever day. I set up in the valley on Friday and sure enough, here he comes! He came out at 18 yards. I was uphill (very steep) in a tree about 25 feet. He hit the opening and I settled the pin behind his shoulder and let fly. I was shooting straight down and I guess the angle screwed me as my arrow flew over him. He wheeled around and walked about 20 yards into the thick and stood there for 10 minutes. Then he walked uphill behind me, but it was too thick to get a shot. He milled around for awhile and then walked over the top and out of sight. DAMNED FRIDAY THE 13th! LOL! I had seen him several times and he is a very big 10 point that just failed to grow that g4 on the one side, hence 9 points. I would venture to say he was 20 inch spread with 12 inch g2 points. The mass was to die for! He still lives and I will be after him again soon. I gotta say that there are a ton of nice bucks this year. AR is working good for us. The buck that our guy got is pictured:

Last edited by livbucks; 11-21-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.