Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cabelas Bargain Cave >

Cabelas Bargain Cave

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cabelas Bargain Cave

Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Bargain Cave

How are the items that you have found in the Bargain Cave and how much does stuff usually cost. Also have you found anything that has malfunctions or anything wrong with the item you purchased?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a Remington XCR stock for my 22-250 in there for $45.00, not a thing wrong with it. I bought a pair of Rocky boots in there that had the liner tore for about a 1/4 of what they normally cost. I just took them to a shoe repair place and for $8.00 had them fixed. I never bought a scope ther, just too much risk for me. If you are going to buy something in there just look it over good cause once it's yours you're stuck with it.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've bought a couple things from the cave myself. You just have to be sure to look things over really well before you walk out with it. I wouldn't buy scopes or most electronic devices out of there though.

A few years back, my dad bought a almost new Cabelas blind out of the cave for about half the price.

Just look it over really well.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a trail camera and a hunting blind from the bargain cave. Both were in great condition and work great. The hunting blind was just a floor model but I bought if for about 40% of the original cost.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Bargain Cave is where they sell off returned items, damaged package items and Cabelas branded items that are overstocked or discontinued. Like has been stated just be sure to check what your buying over real well.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I have bought a Bushnell range finder there and it works great, the scope I bought is a piece of junk and is almost impossible to sight in and completely off in terms of adjustment increments.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've purchased Leupold scopes there. Leupold warranties for life so no risk. But none of the Leupold scopes I've purchased had any problems. You definately need to look everything over before purchasing!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think I posted over on your thread on huntingpa.com . I have purchased quite a few things from the Bargain Cave over the years since the Hamburg store opened. Lots of optics (binoculars/spotting scopes) as that is one of my big hobbies. My best "deal" was Nikon Premier LX for $400 (original retail was $1100 at the time). I also purchased several clothing items including one of the Cabelas MT050 insulated coveralls. Regular price was $400 for my size and I paid right at $230 with tax.

There are plenty of good deals to be had if you know what to look for and/or have good timing. Typically many of the items are either "discontinued", "factory repaired" or basic returns from folks that bought something for some guided hunt and then returned it to the store after the hunt was over.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I bought two seat covers (retailed for over $150 for the pair, paid $45), and then a Game cam that was defective, however, the cabelas in WV has a 30 day return policy on electronics from the bargain cave. so i sent it back, cost me $10 to ship it back for a full refund...

First thing i do is go to the bargain cave, love it!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I never found anything I would say is a real bargain to be honest. Something about buying something that didn't work right or was defective doesn't do it for me. If I buy new from cabelas and don't like it for any reason I just return no questions asked. That is worth paying more for the product in my eyes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.