Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Button Buck. Second deer >

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Great job with the buck. Every man makes their own choices. Keep on driving your own ship. Good luck in the rest of the season.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PAThwacker
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...-youth-pa.html

PA youth learn ethical hunting from the start!!!!!!!
Not sure what is a legal buck for PA youth has to do with ethics?
Shoot what makes you happy and @#$% everybody else.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

don't let these guys get under your skin man, you took the shot, an clean kill resulted and your smile says it all
Old 11-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Weekend Sportsman
As for an adult, I would say no way. I refuse to allow any adult to return to any of my properties for shooting a Button Buck (QDM)
If you are practicing QDM, you should be aware that there is nothing wrong with hunters occasionally taking a buck fawn in a QDM program.

ARTICLE: Quality Deer Management Association
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats... way to go kid...
Old 11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

I want to add something here.

This kid comes on here proud as hell over the deer he shot. Most of us congradulated him as we should.

And then the big QDM bla, bla bla. If you want to preach QDM, start your own post. This kid didn't ask anyone 'how do you feel about shooting a button buck", so put your opinions on your own post.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bbearfax
Not sure what is a legal buck for PA youth has to do with ethics?
Shoot what makes you happy and @#$% everybody else.
Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks again guys. I cant wait to get out in the woods Thanksgiving morning. My dad shot a really nice 8 and my brother a small 6 yesterday that I will be posting up soon.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
QDM is TV show jargen and I wish people would stop buying into it.
In all the places I hunt, Ive taken every kind of antler size,age class and sex, and every year I continue to see more deer than the year before, and I took my biggest archery buck this year. I think people who think they are increasing deers #s and antler size by passing on small bucks are just fooling themselves. just hunt, take what you want to hang your tag on and leave the rest , the deer will make more and plenty will live to get big. The fact that others would comment negatively on this young mans thread is shameful

your kidding right - i had the opertunity to hunt in an area this year that all land owners agreed to practice qdm -- it was like stepping into a different state !!! the number and quality of big bucks i saw blew me away . i have never been so excited to hunt an area . i am hoping that i can hunt it again next year . came close to getting a shot at the biggest buck i have had in bow range in my life !! i have been hunting for over 20 years . they go by outside the ears not points but would love to see some type of ar in ny .

was sort of a skeptic myself till i saw first hand what it can do .

as far as the botton buck -- a youth taking any type of deer with a bow is awesome so congrats to him
Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like big bucks, or at least the chance at them, but I stand beside this young man. I have always firmly supported the more liberal standards that young hunters are provided. We must nurture the young hunters as much as the herd, if not more so. Letting our youth hunters just hunt, without setting a bar for them based on our own personal expectations, is a sound investment. I am even more proud of him because he is not bothered in the least by any of the debate. Good for you young man!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

A kid gets on here happy as hell with his deer and then theres alot of talk about QDM...

I start a post about QDM, uh, and nothing..

Go figure. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.