Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Button Buck. Second deer >

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tigerw10
Just wondering why you decided to shoot a button buck? Prob. not the move most of us would have made. Just curious.
Last time I checked button bucks were legal to take. You might want to check out the "how to ruin hunting" sticky in the deer hunting forum. Good job BWB and cool pics
Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I appreciate all you supporting me. I cant wait to get out there again.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigwhitetailbuck
Thanks guys. Bigbuck95.. Its actually my first buck. Second deer ever. I dont think im gonna consider it as my first official buck though. Ill be able to change that statement this weekend hopefully.
Even better man. Congrats
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

You did a fine job and you should be proud of yourself. Listening to your story brought me back in my mind to when I first started bowhunting. It was all I lived for, and I had many good times...and still do. Hats off to you fella! We need more young people with your interest in hunting.
Enjoy that meat you provided.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Spike

Great deer and cool pics. You can be proud of your 2nd deer. Keep the stories coming and enjoy the venison.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Spike

I normally would have a problem with someone shooting a Button Buck on one of my properties but this is a younger hunter and I think it is good to get a few kills under his belt. He could be home playing video games

As for an adult, I would say no way. I refuse to allow any adult to return to any of my properties for shooting a Button Buck (QDM)

CONGRATS ON THE DEER. I KNOW YOU ARE HAPPY
Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I NEVER begrudge a junior hunter any legal deer. Shame on anyone who would.

I'm proud of you young man. Great job!

Last edited by livbucks; 11-11-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Weekend Sportsman

I refuse to allow any adult to return to any of my properties for shooting a Button Buck (QDM)
QDM is TV show jargen and I wish people would stop buying into it.
In all the places I hunt, Ive taken every kind of antler size,age class and sex, and every year I continue to see more deer than the year before, and I took my biggest archery buck this year. I think people who think they are increasing deers #s and antler size by passing on small bucks are just fooling themselves. just hunt, take what you want to hang your tag on and leave the rest , the deer will make more and plenty will live to get big. The fact that others would comment negatively on this young mans thread is shameful
Old 11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks again everybody. I agree with DeerandbearhoG
Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Spike

Amen brother. QDM sells magazines and gadgets. Deer are wild animals not cattle or swine. If you want to manage animals buy a ranch. There are alot of big bucks out there and few hunters that make the effort or have the legs to go after them.

Be proud and support our young hunters. They will keep the tradition alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.