Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Button Buck. Second deer >

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Button Buck. Second deer

Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Talking NY Button Buck. Second deer

Well.. After a few weekends of watching this deer and not many other deer, I decided to take him. Ive been waiting for a bigger deer, but I guess I just wanted to end this weekend on a good note... and I wasnt sure that I was going to be able to get another chance to bowhunt again this year in NY. Well, I got many pictures of him the day before and on the same day I shot him. Everyday he would stay in front of me for about an hour or two. Well on Sunday at 2:10 I decided I have watched him enough. We came 10-12 yards to my left and I let the arrow fly. I was scared, I thought I didnt hit him, even though I thought I actually saw the arrow hit him. He kicked his legs up so I knew that was a good sign. He ran about 20 yards and stood there for about 3 minutes. I was bleating and grunting at him trying to get him to come back. I was so mad at myself.. I kept thinking "Man, how the hell could I miss at 10 fricken yards" It actually looked like he started to eat, but I couldnt see too well because he was behind some thick brush. Then I heard him grunt and fall to the ground. I was so pumped. It ended up being a liver shot.

This is my 2nd deer ever and second with a bow ! Hopefully I will be able to get a big buck or doe this weekend to make it 3!

This is him the day before eating a mushroom:

Trying to take a creative picture.. I thought it came out pretty good:

My arrow stuck in the ground after wards:

There he is:

Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Spike

nice job congrats
Old 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Just wondering why you decided to shoot a button buck? Prob. not the move most of us would have made. Just curious.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

For your second buck with a bow, its a buck. A buck is a buck, and even though it was small, you can still say you shot a buck. Nice deer, man. Meat on the table.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tigerw10
Just wondering why you decided to shoot a button buck? Prob. not the move most of us would have made. Just curious.
Because I wasnt sure If I was going to have another chance to bowhunt again this year up there and I didnt have much time left for the weekend. Its meat in the freezer. The reality of it is that I would probably never see that deer again.. maybe next year, but there are other hunters in the area that would probably shoot him.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Your absolutly right, Bigwhitetail. If you might not get a chance to go again, then its ok. Either way, you've got steak and burger.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. Bigbuck95.. Its actually my first buck. Second deer ever. I dont think im gonna consider it as my first official buck though. Ill be able to change that statement this weekend hopefully.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats, love the pics and the story. You did a great job. You showed alot of patience holding off on that deer as long as you did. With your attitude, not better but bigger deer are in your future. Congrats again.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

hey young dude, GREAT JOB, and awesome pictures!!!congrats.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tigerw10

Don't bust the kid's chops....He just arrowed his second deer, and did a darn fine job. Hat's off to you kid. You're off to a great start, and only wish we had more like you out there. I'm sure that young buck will be some fine eating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.