Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY: Whats going on? >

NY: Whats going on?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY: Whats going on?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY: Whats going on?

Well.. This weekend I expected to see many many deer because I was thinking it was gonna be the peak of the rut. The whole weekend including monday morning I saw 3 deer.. One was running at full speed 150 yards across the ravine from my stand. Typically on the property we would see about 3-5 deer a day a piece... But this weekend it seemed like all of the deer were just wiped off the face of the earth. Im thinking its the warm weather and moon? What do you guys think?
Anybody else having the same problem? Predictions on the peak of the rut now?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I am cerious what do you consider the peak of the rut?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bbearfax
I am cerious what do you consider the peak of the rut?
Thats a good question.. I guess I consider the peak of the rut as when all deer are ready to breed. The does are all ready to mount as well as the bucks chasing them all over the place covering lots of ground.. Hence seeing many different deer.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Spike

It was the same here in the lower dutchess ny area as well. I didnt see not 1 deer this past weekend. Its like what you said "wiped off the face of the earth".. I went out friday & saturday both morning and afternoon nothing, I also went Sunday morning again nothing and skipped the afternoon... good luck this week bigwhitetailbuck
Old 11-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

The bucks are ready to breed now...... but the does aren't yet. The rut isn't in full swing yet here either, and I believe with a cold snap the does will come into heat. Warm weather is screwing with us here in NY.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Spike

feels like lockdown to me already....the bucks have been chasing for most of the season when it's been cold.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Spike

Sat and Sun was full of action in my area of CNY. Lots of seeking and chasing.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Not much here in Allegany County...I've heard some antlers crashing just before dark but otherwise I've seen some does and littles ones...not many bucks...lots of bucks on my trail cam...kind of weird this year
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tigerw10
Warm weather is screwing with us here in NY.
I've had people argue with me when I bring up the weather. They say weather has nothing to do with it and it's all about the moon cycles and things like that. I say BS! If it's warm there is less breeding activity in my opinion. Sure a buck will breed a willing doe if he finds one no matter what the weather, but in general there is less activity when it is warm.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Steve anyone that tells yo tha ask them to run around in their winter clothes and see how long they will stay active when it's in the mid sixties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.