Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY bow season so far? >

NY bow season so far?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY bow season so far?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY bow season so far?

Hows everyone in NYs bow season going so far?
For us out of 4 guys, and hunting every single weekend we have seen only 1 buck bigger than a spike... i dont know if its the hot weather or what, but no nice bucks at all and no signs of the rut yet...
How you guys doing?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty much the same thing here. This whole weekend between Saturday, Sunday and this morning. Only 3 deer. Usually we would see 5 a day a piece. No rutting activity in 6r as of yet.. Just a few scrapes popping up now. It seemed like all of the deer disapeared off of the earth this weekend. It was terrible. Well, the good news is is that it looks like the rut might be at its peak start of regular season
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have been seeing a lot of deer. Just the past 5 days the bucks seem to be really cruising. But most of my action has been in the morning 6am to 9am. I Have seen 2 nice 8's, a 7 a 4 a 2 and a whopper in the last 5 mornings. The 4 was 15 minutes behind a lone doe the others just searching. I saw 3 in less than 2 hours this morning and one was BIG and at 30 yards! I put my tag on a 9 10/31 so I am doe hunting. I have seen 16 bucks, 14 giving me shots inside of 30 yards and not one shot on an adult doe yet!
I would be glued to a stand for the next 5 days if I was looking for a buck. I still will be as much as I can anyway!!