HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Finally got some action.....but (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/309417-finally-got-some-action-but.html)

pahunter60 11-08-2009 06:36 PM

Finally got some action.....but

Finally got out saturday and had some action. I look back and a really nice 8pt is 5 yds behind me just staring at me, unfortunately when i pulled back he got spook but stopped at 25 yds perfect. it was a little thick but i havent been able to get out because of football(high school playoffs!), so i took the shot. i hit a branch and it skipped over its back. im just really frustrated because i only have wednesday morning and all day next saturday too hunt also saw a doe and another decent 8 but too far too shoot for both. i tried grunting the buck in but he wasnt really intrested and kept walking

Camosteel 11-09-2009 04:36 AM

That's bowhunting bro! Hang in there, it only takes one time in the stand to make it happen. Good luck in the playoffs!

lonewolf5348 11-09-2009 07:21 AM

I had a 4 pointer 7 yards from my blind:I never did see him come in to the shooting lane.I was looking behind at a blue jay beaking a tree sound like someone was hammering nails into the tree.I watched him for about 3 min: and then turned to the shooting window and there he was looking into the blind.I did try to lean away and after a min: stand-0ff I started to draw the bow I hit the back of the blind with my elbow and you know the rest of the story.he heard me draw and was gone.I also made another mistake that will not happen again I only had one shooting down.I could of taken a side window shot at 30 yards when he walk around the blind on the otherside.I also learned not to wear camo I will go in all black and I did replace my blind with a larger one that give me 75" square inside instead of 60" from my older blind.I had the new blind with me but got lazy to change set -up so it cost me the 4 pointer.
I was thinking also for next season to change the window netting to black screen netting and leave only enough room for the sight and arrow shaft to get threw Hey always someting to learn this was my second year using a blind:bash:

kb777 11-09-2009 03:19 PM

Like camosteel said thats bow hunting at its best. lol. I went two years not seeing a thing and got my first bow kill this season. I still haven't got a buck yet and this is my 4th season. Had a 4pt. just 12 yards away and he busted me on the draw also.. I hope i have better luck on wed...

pahunter60 11-09-2009 03:56 PM

thanks camosteel

pahunter60 11-09-2009 04:03 PM

and lonewolf and kb hahaha

ManySpurs 11-09-2009 04:13 PM

it was a little thick but i havent been able to get out because of football(high school playoffs!), so i took the shot. i hit a branch and it skipped over its back.
That's bullchit and you owe the deer more than taking a marginal shot like that. THAT'S NOT BOWHUNTING YOUNG MAN.:mad: Bowhunting is taking ethical shots that you know you can make. Just because you choose to spend your time on the football field instead of in the deer woods is no excuse for taking marginal shots.

Best thing you could do for yourself and the bowhunting community is hang up your bow and put on the cleats because you are a damn sight far away from being an ethical bowhunter.:mad::mad::mad:

If you were my kid I'd ground ya for a month.:mad:

Flame away.:kt:

pahunter60 11-10-2009 07:15 PM

dude relax

ManySpurs 11-11-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pahunter60 (Post 3502016)
dude relax

I got your "dude" swingin'. And I am relaxed.:lmao:

Bbearfax 11-11-2009 04:17 PM

Oh boy here we go again more Hunters against Hunters. WTF is happening to this site. Anyone no of any fourms with a little less negativity and a bunch less A$$ Holes?