Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa is rockin!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pa is rockin!!!

Oh, man....Called my buddy tonight, and he was hunting where I'll be too in the a.m......He saw 5 bucks and 9 doe...all the bucks were chasing does, and whenever he called, whether doe bleats or grunts, he had deer come running. He could only hunt till noon, and on his way out had a mature buck at five yards watching him, before it ran off....I'll be out dark to dark tomorrow and the next day. Chase phase is in full swing, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas, not even sure how much I'll sleep tonight. Couldn't hunt tonight, so I spent some time shooting at foam deer, and getting my gear ready for tomorrow. The wife had me run to the store for milk right at dark and I saw a nice buck running four does around in a field near the road about 2 miles from the house!!!! It's insane. PA guys, if you are reading this and you can afford to take off without losing your job...CALL IN SICK!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

You luckey sonofagun.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Never experienced anything like this before. Last week I noticed more scrapes and rubs popping up. I watched buck bump doe around and it was obvious the doe aren't ready. Watched bucks make scrapes. Rattled in a couple bucks. Called some in with combo's of grunts and bleats. This week I'm seeing doe that booted away their offspring,showing they are nearing the breeding cycle. But haven't seen a buck yet this week. WTF?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

I'm off Friday afternoon, I don't think this work week will ever end. Hunting Friday evening, all day Saturday, off work Monday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons next week. I think I finally planned my vacation days with the rut, that hardly ever happens for me. Good luck guys and save me one for the end of the week!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad has been out this week and today he said there was a group of does with their fawns feeding around him all day and no bucks were harassing them at all. He has seen a little more scraping activity, and a little light seeking by some young bucks, but nothing much at this time as far as heavy chasing by the bigger bucks.
We are in 2B. It could bust wide open any day though, so go if you can.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Had deer 52 in my yard last thursday thru the day, No not pa. Have not seen a deer or track in my yard in pa in 3 years and I live next to 5000 acres of gamelands which became wastelands of the Southeast pa.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

Had a really good week(for this area) last week using buck urine drags. Then the bears showed up on the ridge, and the deer sign and deer seem to have went POOF!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

bucks here in clinton county,pa were really rutting heavy on nov 2nd.sad part we are not seeing many doe but deer we do see are bucks.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by livbucks
My Dad has been out this week and today he said there was a group of does with their fawns feeding around him all day and no bucks were harassing them at all. He has seen a little more scraping activity, and a little light seeking by some young bucks, but nothing much at this time as far as heavy chasing by the bigger bucks.
We are in 2B. It could bust wide open any day though, so go if you can.
livbucks, clinton county wmu2g is rutting a lot on monday tuesday.not seeing many deer but bucks i see are rutting.most i have seen are at NOON while i am hunting grouse.

but very very few doe,real bad on doe numbers.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

To hell with the rut. Tomorrow I'm starting in on turkeys, then off to NY on Monday for some real deer hunting. Pa and it's PGC arsesucking treehugging flower sniffing eco-terrorist fruitcake "conservationists" can kiss my a$$. As much as I'd hate further polluting the environment in getting rid of them, I wish we could pack them all up on pink bio-buses with HPA decals and green racing stripes on the side of it and send them out to the Gay Bay with Gary Alt and the rest of the jackarses of the world.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 11-05-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.