HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Northern WV, Southern, PA Western MD (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/308736-northern-wv-southern-pa-western-md.html)

Bbearfax 11-02-2009 08:52 AM

Northern WV, Southern, PA Western MD

1 Attachment(s)
OK boys and girls here we go. I was out this morning 11/02/09, I finally saw a 2 1/2 year old buck seaking. With the full moon finally behind us the next 13 days should be incredible. I will keep those of you that can not hunt every day up to date on what I am seeing! This is the deer I let walk this morning that was seaking doe.

livbucks 11-02-2009 09:16 AM

Looks like the bait is what he's seeking..

Bbearfax 11-02-2009 09:20 AM

That pic was not from this morning obviously check the date but it is the deer I saw this morning. LOL but baiting is perfectly legal in WV BTW so lets not get into that pi$$ing match.

livbucks 11-02-2009 09:29 AM

Gotcha. I pissed a half hour ago, so you win by default.

Bbearfax 11-02-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by livbucks (Post 3492518)
Gotcha. I pissed a half hour ago, so you win by default.

LOL........ I'll take that win. You seeing any action up that way?

livbucks 11-02-2009 09:44 AM

Actually, I saw a HUGE 6 point that we have been watching for a couple years now. He came in behind me at 5pm on Saturday, and he was seeking. He was walking slowly and smelling the ground. He walked within 15 feet of my tree and all I could do was watch, because we are in a 4 point/side zone. This buck is HUGE and has to be about 6.5 now. Really made my day to be that close and go undetected on such a mature buck. With that cold front we should have had a great day on Sunday, but there is no deer hunting on Sundays in PA. My Dad is surely in a tree today, while I sit here at work. BLAH!

Bbearfax 11-02-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by livbucks (Post 3492530)
Actually, I saw a HUGE 6 point that we have been watching for a couple years now. He came in behind me at 5pm on Saturday, and he was seeking. He was walking slowly and smelling the ground. He walked within 15 feet of my tree and all I could do was watch, because we are in a 4 point/side zone. This buck is HUGE and has to be about 6.5 now. Really made my day to be that close and go undetected on such a mature buck. With that cold front we should have had a great day on Sunday, but there is no deer hunting on Sundays in PA. My Dad is surely in a tree today, while I sit here at work. BLAH!

That sucks about the 6pt, it is the one instance were point restrictions will keep a deer alive past his prime. But all in all it dose work I believe.

livbucks 11-02-2009 05:52 PM

I know the system isn't perfect, and I looked so hard for a sticker point on him when he was standing directly under me. Just one of those things. It was a thrill to see him so close, more so because we have been watching him for a couple years and were glad to see him still kickin'. I am not bothered at all by it. He made my day.
I tried to get my cell phone out and get some pics or video but damn..he was so close I thought he would hear my heartbeat.

Saxman1819 11-03-2009 04:59 AM

I might be taking a day off this week to go out. I for sure will be out Saturday. I'll report if I see anything. I'm expecting the doe estrus to start working when it's deployed soon.

Bbearfax 11-03-2009 08:23 AM

Last night I saw loads of deer 45 min. before dark, just nothing big enough to burn a tag on yet. This morning 11/3/09 I only saw one deer a 5 pt from 6 am to 9 am. Unfortunately that was the only times I could hunt this morning. As we get farther along with this week the morning hunts should get better as the moon darkens. There were several deer hit on the interstate last night as well telling me they were up feeding most of the night and the doe were getting pushed around.