Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
My first bow kill in Dutchess NY >

My first bow kill in Dutchess NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My first bow kill in Dutchess NY

Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Spike

Default My first bow kill in Dutchess NY

My first bow kill was just this past friday afternoon. Doe was about 19.5yards and my treestand is about 25ft up. I double lunged her but missed the heart and she ran about 30yards and down. I got scared at first cause my shot looked high. I sat and decided to wait at lease 30min knowing that i saw her go down but didnt wanta rush down. Good thing cause about 5-10 mins after 4 more doe's came in to the exact same spot. The weird thing is that these deer were spooked about something in the direction that my deer went down. Long and behold there was a coyote standing about 10-15 yards rt. of my down doe. The crazy thing about this story is that I started bow hunting about 2yrs now and saw every little. Now on one day, Friday afternoon @1645hrs I saw just about all i can see in my end of the woods. I was happy knowing that I finally learned to be a successful hunter. The coyote spoted me when i stood up to take a better look and the deer under me took off as well but not cause of me. It was a long road learning how to bowhunt but I tell you what I'm hooked for life. Also having people like the ones on this site is a great help and thank you for all the help.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the harvest
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats... got pics?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

You can't ask for a better shot. Lethal, quick and no tracking job. Great job.....congratulations!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

congrads on your first deer with the bow-i too live in dutchess cnty. The great thing about bowhunting is that the learning never ends. Just when you think you got it all figured out the deer issue a reality check and let you know you dont.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I am in Dutchess also! Great job and congratulations. I cannot wait to get out this weekend. I am just dying for some venison! There are so many does around here, but we have only been out one time so far. I would be beside myself if iI could send an arrow through one on Friday afternoon/evening. I am ground blind hunting and have never taken a deer that way. I have one doe and a 3 point buck, and also a coyote, to my credit in the 4 years I have been hunting. You make me feel confident about this Friday being in Dutchess and all. Enjoy the venison and I hear you about being hooked for life.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

congrats I have not had the time to hunt yet i am going to try this weekend cant wait

You were sitting 25ft high and the only thing that scared you was that your shot looked high?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

it should be a rule if ya post the story it should have pics 8(
Old 10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your first doe kill. I think? Where are the pics? This is worthless without any pics....
Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Spike

Hello to all my dutchess county neighbors out there. I havent been hunting much yet but just started my vacation today!! I am going to be hitting the woods hard for the next two weeks! Been seeing LOTS of bucks but only a couple mature ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.