Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
I took my daughter youth hunting today... >

I took my daughter youth hunting today...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I took my daughter youth hunting today...

Old 10-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thumbs up I took my daughter youth hunting today...

Today was Maine's youth hunting day. So I took my daughter and let her do some hunting with me. Only she can use the gun ect... Due to all the rain we drove the dirt roads all day looking for a buck. No luck on the buck but did see quite a bit of game. We first got to see 3 moose a bull and two cows walking in the road.. I had forgoten the camera so I tried to get a few pics with my cell phone..
Then after driving in a dirt road she saw 3 bears.. I never saw them as she never told me until we were heading back out of there. We did look for them again but they were gone.
After half the day was gone we got to see 4 deer three were does and a fawn. The fawn was the coolest of all. It was mostly all white with a brown and white blended head, ears, and neck. The rest of it was pure white with what looked like it had brown measels.. Around 2 hours later we saw a doe with two fawns.. Then just as it was getting dark we saw the tail end on a deer disappear and do not know what that one was.. Also we saw some grouse through out they day.. They totaled to 8 grouse..
So with not much of a deer population up here we had a great day just the same even though we saw no bucks.. As here in our area it is bucks only period no if, ands, or buts about it.. But by seeing all the game we saw it was a great day indeed..

P.S. On October 31st she is going to get hunters saftey coarse in..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-25-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

awesome how old is she i cant wait for mine to be ten two more years
Old 10-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great story Phil.

Taking a kid out to hunt beats the snot out of bagging a monster buck any day. Far too few hunters today take the time tou introduce our youth to the great outdoors. You daughter is a lucky girl to have such a great dad.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Phil;thanks for sharing with us your day in the outdoors spent with your daughter. She has a great dad and role model.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Great story Phil.

Taking a kid out to hunt beats the snot out of bagging a monster buck any day. Far too few hunters today take the time tou introduce our youth to the great outdoors. You daughter is a lucky girl to have such a great dad.
How did your youngster make out today?
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by baileym62
awesome how old is she i cant wait for mine to be ten two more years
Thanks everyone...

She is fifeteen and it will be her last year for the youth hunt.. She should of had one last year but wasn't paying enough attention at the time. It saw us and bolted by the time she saw it..
Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blkpowder
How did your youngster make out today?
I woke him up around 5:30, he heard the rain and wimped out. I wasn't feelin the greatest so I didn't push it and went back to bed myself.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

let mine grab ahold of the 22 today while checking my rifle she loved it. was picking clay pidgeons of the bank in the pit saidshe wants to put her bb gun in uncle henrys so she can buy a 22 i lost it laughing where do they come up with some stuff. will be buying her a chipmunk 22 for christmas would have let her shoot earlier but shes like a midget so cant hold the gun well been shooting bb gun but today off the bench she had my 22 down. im still grinnin from ear to ear just thinking about it
Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad she likes it and hope that she still does after she gets older.. My daughter is still afraid she might miss it or something.. I just laugh and tell not to worry to much about that. she is a good shot as well. I will take her out again this summer to shoot the 22 for a while until she feels more confident in her shooting skills.. I think she is mostly afraid of the rifle kicking her more than anything else though.. It really doesn't kick all that bad so she will get some shooting with that as well. That is after she shoots the 22 for a few days..
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

what rifle is she using for deer man is there a debate going on in the deer hunting section on 223 being ethical or not wow its amazing how different people have different ethics and how they will do anything to bash somebody elses i say whatever is the most comfortable and your confident in use i have mine you have yours its yours to decide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.