Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
I took my daughter youth hunting today... >

I took my daughter youth hunting today...

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I took my daughter youth hunting today...

Old 10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use the old trusty 30-30 and it has never let me down so I stick with it. It works great for me so I see no nead to change it none. A friend of mine shot a moose this year with his. Mine is a Marlin and it shoots straight as any rifle could IMO. Just have to be carefull with the range that's all..
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

i know a guy that is in his 60s has used an open sighted 3030 marlin since forever, actually had the pleasure of watching him take a doe at 275 yards with it one shot perfect placement right in the boiler room. almost like he knew what he was doing. pretty cool to see that someone is so in check with a particular rifle to have that confience in it. i have to have ten different gund one for 0-100 yars one fro 100-200 yards and so on. maybe ill grow up someday
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Took my 3 year old out and let her ride on my sholders as I stalked through the woods, bow in hand cause you never know, but it was more about bonding with my daughter. She's been begging me to take her hunting for the last week or so. She really wanted me to give her the "dirty face" (camo paint) so she could be like her father. We didn't see a single deer, but it was my best afternoon hunting ever. Definitely going to consider buying her the lifetime license, before she turns 4 next year and the price goes up.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is cool congrats to you and her getting out there!! Taking your children or even someone elses children out hunting with you helps to keep the way of life we all enjoy so much going..
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

thats awesome ive taken other peoples children out on youth day and definitly get more of a kick out of seeing them take a deer than doing it myself especially when its there first the joy they have is contagious love it will be sitting in blind sat morning with my 8 year old hope something comes out
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Great reading. I wish you great luck.