HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   The Paranoid PGC (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/307418-paranoid-pgc.html)

bluebird2 10-20-2009 02:45 PM

The Paranoid PGC

The PGC finally released last years Annual Wildlife Report. But in order to access the report you have to establish an account and provide your name address and e-mail address. So, obviously they are keeping track of those that are accessing the AWR and it would be interesting to know why they feel they need this information and how they intend to use it.

Cornelius08 10-20-2009 05:56 PM

WOW! what kinda bullchit is that?? Shouldnt that information on our deer management be available to any and all with no "hoops" to jump through?

Unbelievable. I guess that information being so readily available in the past and distributed freely has led to alot of damaging internet posts etc. More asnine pgc damage control.:mad:

Also, as you said, why do they care who views the data???

bowfly 10-20-2009 06:44 PM

or, they may be trying to get an accurate read on how many people access it...as a measuring tool

WV Gino 10-20-2009 06:54 PM

I agree with cornball and beenthere.

The GC needs to get beat over the head if the only way to access their public reports is to go thru a registration process that requires GC personal to approve of the registration.

What in the hell are they thinking?

I predict this will be changed by the end of the week.

WV Gino

Screamin Steel 10-21-2009 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by WV Gino (Post 3479372)
I agree with cornball and beenthere.

The GC needs to get beat over the head if the only way to access their public reports is to go thru a registration process that requires GC personal to approve of the registration.

What in the hell are they thinking?

I predict this will be changed by the end of the week.

WV Gino

??????? Satan just called. He said it's snowing down his way.

bawanajim 10-21-2009 03:40 AM

I just made up a name, Larry S................. and it worked just fine. Email [email protected] :wave:

bluebird2 10-21-2009 04:02 AM

If it worked for you , please post the section on breeding rates and productivity.

BTW, if you used my personal information to set up an account with the PGC, you are guilty of identity theft, so you might want to delete that account!!!

BTBowhunter 10-21-2009 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by bawanajim (Post 3479581)
I just made up a name, Larry S................. and it worked just fine. Email [email protected] :wave:

LOL! What did you use for a password Larry?

Cornelius08 10-21-2009 07:14 AM

"I agree with cornball and beenthere."

ME cornball? Lmao. Remember, Ive seen your pic on the other site. Ifn i were you, i dont think id be referring to anyone as "cornball" lol. Just sayin'....:D:cool15:

"The GC needs to get beat over the head"

Absolutely. And I dont think most pennsylvania hunters would ask anyone to spare that rod.

" if the only way to access their public reports is to go thru a registration process that requires GC personal to approve of the registration.

What in the hell are they thinking?"

I dont know, but your thinking is pretty obtuse if you think thats just fine. Guess you absolutely do support every single thing they do.:confused0024:

"I predict this will be changed by the end of the week."

Wow, now there is going out on a limb. A fuss has been made already, and I dont think the clown commission should insist on pizzing more people off any way possible as has been the case these days. Apparently theyve seen the light and agree. The annual report is now viewable.:happy0001:

WV Gino 10-21-2009 07:53 AM

> Remember, Ive seen your pic on the other site.

Don't hate me for my Hollywood good looks, it's really a curse you know.

How in the world did your mind come up with this

>Guess you absolutely do support every single thing they do.

When I posted

"The GC needs to get beat over the head"

and

"What in the hell are they thinking?"

WV Gino