Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
how was the weather in n.y for the opening day of bow? >

how was the weather in n.y for the opening day of bow?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how was the weather in n.y for the opening day of bow?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default how was the weather in n.y for the opening day of bow?

I was planning to go on Tursday morning but all hell broke loose
I was up at 4.30am flip the burner switch and started the coffee after a few min: I heard the hot water boiler go,A hole the size of a half dollar water coil plate,hey the burner is 60 years old.
I then started with a sore throat and it came down with chest cold.I am in bed nursing a cold and had a new furnace installed on friday.I am sent back now $5,500.00
I hear the weather was so,so cold damp and some spot rain.I hunt up in cadosia n.y. how was the opening day by you????
Old 10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

It was cold and wet for me in Alfred NY. I spooked one deer getting situated in my climber and then I didn't see anything the rest of the day. It was great to be out in the woods tho
Old 10-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Northern NY

I,m up in Northern NY and were now starting our muzzleoader season ,
Well I,m still using my bow for another week ...
Its been darn cold early this year .
Its been down to 21 degrees and frost and some snow already .
Just seams like its very cool for this time of year , almost like its coming 2 weeks early ??
Not complaining cause it should get the deer moving more .
Been a slow start so far ... Seen one buck and a hand full of does where as I normaly see up to 12 or more at a time ....
Old 10-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finger Lakes - south of Auburn.
No rain all day.
30 in the morning.
high 30's for the evening sit.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Spike

My wife sent me a picture of snow on the ground in our back yard a few days ago. I wasn't home for it or bow opener, don't have the class yet. This is my first year hunting New York and you can bet I'll be in the woods come November 21. Hope it's not too cold, recently moved up from Florida and trying to adjust.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Cold and damp in chemung county rained most of the day ..... snow covered on top of my hill..... didnt see a damn thing in the morning or evening because the idiots on the property below me spent more time driving there 4 wheelers around than hunting .... for only being in the 30s it was probably the coldest sit i can remember in a long time .but it was hunting .
Old 10-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

6s - Almost perfect weather on saturday. Today, sunday AM, perfect weather. Frost on the ground with nice sunshine.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mlo31351270
6s - Almost perfect weather on saturday. Today, sunday AM, perfect weather. Frost on the ground with nice sunshine.
Love the skull mounts. With a little luck I might be contacting you this season. Awesome photos too.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Cold and partly cloudy all day yesterday . Rain has held off so far. No deer sighted all day yesterday or this morning. Did see alot of turkeys and 1 raccoon. Just felt good to be back in the woods and not at the plant! Only had one picture all week on the trail camera (5 point).
Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt in Gainesville which is near Letchworth State Park. It was aweful on Saturday. Mix of snow sleet and rain plus the wind. I didn't see a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.