Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Guys

Old 10-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Spike

Default PA Guys

YOU ALL READY FOR SATURDAY!! I KNOW I AM
Old 10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I am, going to fire the smoke pole in 4C. Good luck.

KC
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup! Headed north to 2F to fill up some of those DMAP tags
Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Spike

Default haha

Smoke pole LMFAO yea good luck to everyone i'm hopein to get a fat baldie in 4b
Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

When early muzzy was first instituted, I wasn't real taken with the idea but it has turned out to be a nice diversion. I'm a bowhunter first and foremost but our early muzzy falls during that October lull. Our gang takes advantage of it to have a camp weekend that actually draws more guys to camp than the rifle opener these days.

We take a long weekend and enjoy the mild weather while we casually take our smokepoles for a walk each morning. Then we gather up and put on a few slow drives. We shoot some deer every year but no one gets real serious about it. If it rains.... card game! We hardly see another hunters and have the woods virtually to ourselves. After the hunt, it's nice enough outside to throw some backstaps over the open fire and pop open a few barley pops.

Just a nice relaxing weekend before the intensity of the rut turns us into sleep deprived big buck fanatics.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
I'm a bowhunter first and foremost
I don't know about the rest of us but personally, I am HUNTER first and foremost.

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Just a nice relaxing weekend before the intensity of the rut turns us into sleep deprived big buck fanatics.
I don't think I would use the word, "us" there BT. Maybe substitute the word, "me". Not everyone is obsessed with antlers. For me, the size of the antlers is not measure stick of a successful hunt as I believe is the case for most.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

good luck smokepolers...i hope some of your time in the woods is well worth it and kick a buck up my way, i will be waiting with bow in hand
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
I don't know about the rest of us but personally, I am HUNTER first and foremost.

I don't think I would use the word, "us" there BT. Maybe substitute the word, "me". Not everyone is obsessed with antlers. For me, the size of the antlers is not measure stick of a successful hunt as I believe is the case for most.

I used us correctly because I was describing many known friends and fellow hunters (a majority of them actually) . Just because it doesnt fit you doesnt mean there arent many included when I used the term "us"
Second point is that antlers are part of it but certainly not all of it nor is a kill necessary for a successful hunt.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I retired from pa. hunting, retired from doe hunting and retired my bow last year and my smokepole this year. I will probably only hunt about a hour this year with my trusty slug gun and bring ONE BUCK home from WV.But I do spend many hours watching deer and enjoy planting 200 acres of food plots and just watching the animals enjoy it.Killing just aint important anymore to me.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

hope 2 get out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.