Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
First Day of PA archery >

First Day of PA archery

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

First Day of PA archery

Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

As for all you able bodied crossbow hunters, I hope your scopes all fog up.
thtAS WHY i BUY GOOD EQUIPMENT. But thanks for the thoughts. bMay the sun never shine on your lit pins on the traditional bow you shoot.

Last edited by Buck Hunter 1; 10-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
thtAS WHY i BUY GOOD EQUIPMENT. But thanks for the thoughts. bMay the sun never shine on your lit pins on the traditional bow you shoot.
Unlike your breed and their inferior ethics, I wouldn't dream of taking the lazy or easy way out. You'll never find a pin on any bow that I shoot.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
A 3" spike is still a shooter for juniors and active military and may I remind you that PA hunters harvested 52K 2.5+ buck in 2002, even though not one of those buck were the result of ARs. Furthermore , ARs only produced a harvest of 48K 2.5+ buck in 2007 and 58.5 K in 2008, so ARs have not resulted in a significant increase in the number of 2.5 + buck harvested. Remember,also that over 50% of the 2.5+ buck harvested had less than 8 pts. and at least 20 % of the the 2.5+ buck weren't AR legal.
So how are things in lost deer valley, acorns a plenty with nary a hoof print to be seen.A place where cucumber roots out number young frustrated hunters.
Laying awake at night dreaming of days far gone, when the shooting of spike buck brought the same admiration as dating the home coming queen. A time when size really didn't matter, success was measured more by bloody boots than horns of plenty.
Just like in hidden valley the crops have changed as have the harvest methods, neither you nor I will be thought of as time passes and the success or failure of deer hunting in PA gets better or worse, the difference is I am enjoying what I have access to and you will never be able to.
For your own good I hope you find a way to loose the bitterness and enjoy what is at your feet.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is easy for one to adopt a holier than thou attitude when one is not effected by the results of the PGC's mismanagement of our herd and is able to defeat the PGC's efforts to control the herd , while ignoring the effects on surrounding land owners. While you are only concerned about your personal success,some of us are more concerned about the success of our fellow hunters and the future of deer hunting and the future of the PGC,which is a concept that apparently escapes you.

Here is what the managers of the KZQDC ha to say about the effects of HR.

As before, highest number of deer brought to check stations in 2008 came on the first day
(Fig. 28). Excepting 2007, when hunting condition on opening day featured an all-day rain and
dense fog, an average of 58% of deer brought to check stations are checked the first day, and
an average of 75% are checked during the first two days. As before, these results indicate the
influence first and second day harvest has on total harvest.

Hunters encountered fewer deer opening day during the 2005 -2007 rifle seasons than
during the 2001-2004 seasons (see Table 3) and many may have become disgruntled and quit
hunting after the first day in latter years.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
It is easy for one to adopt a holier than thou attitude when one is not effected by the results of the PGC's mismanagement of our herd and is able to defeat the PGC's efforts to control the herd , while ignoring the effects on surrounding land owners. While you are only concerned about your personal success,some of us are more concerned about the success of our fellow hunters and the future of deer hunting and the future of the PGC,which is a concept that apparently escapes you.

Here is what the managers of the KZQDC ha to say about the effects of HR.

I'll just point out two relatively imp[rtant "facts" about that last post

First, the quotes pertaining to KQDC are very obviously partial excerpts from the report. Once again, the word "context" has a huge relevance here. Why did you not simply post the link instead of presenting the snippets that you chose to present.

Second, BWJ and many other including myself have stated time and again that we HAVE been affected by the current DMP. You choose to continue to ignore that fact and the fact that we have simply learned how to adapt to the changes.

As Jim said, perhaps you should put your efforts into enjoying whats right in front of you instead of allowing your obsession with "the way thing used to be" to ruin whats still at your feet to be enjoyed.

As Jim said, I truly hope that one day you can learn to enjoy PA's great outdoors once again!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned

Btb, I see nothing wrong with the man pointing out his points from the article. You know the source as its no big secret. You are more than welcome to challenge the statements with other information from the article if you think something isnt as it would seem from the posted "snippets". Yet you didnt. And you never do. Yet you always make misleading statements about "out of context" yet never point out why that is so other than because you say so and apparently you have no 'real' answer.

I also dont think it a fair assessment that someone who "complains" doesnt enjoy hunting despite all the Pgc nonsense. If someone didnt enjoy hunting at all, he simply wouldnt go... Speaking for myself, if hunting were twice as poor as it is now, id still do it. The worst hunting in the nation no matter where you think that may be, would be far better than no hunting at all. Yet there is no reason in the world not to expect improvement and responsible management.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 10-10-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Second, BWJ and many other including myself have stated time and again that we HAVE been affected by the current DMP. You choose to continue to ignore that fact and the fact that we have simply learned how to adapt to the changes
Every hunter in PA has been affected by the current DMP just like you and BWJ. The difference is you and BWJ says the effects have been positive,while for the majority of hunters the effects have been negative.

As Jim said, perhaps you should put your efforts into enjoying whats right in front of you instead of allowing your obsession with "the way thing used to be" to ruin whats still at your feet to be enjoyed.
Apparently , you are the king of taking things out of context ,if you think my criticism of the DMP means I don't enjoy hunting and appreciate what I have. You don't know me , never hunted with me and never read a single post by me where I stated I no longer enjoy hunting. But you have read my posts where I stated I passed on 12 legal buck in 2 years and that I still pass on fawns and prefer to have my wife harvest a doe. You also read my posts about all that I have done to improve the habitat on our property and all the work I do building and repairing the treestands for the 5 other members in our group. Would someone who didn't enjoy hunting expend that much effort so he could do something he didn't enjoy?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Guess I'll stick to loving hunting and being in the woods in NY...I'm just glad to be outside...no matter what the equipment..
Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW see i havent missed much other than nonsense
Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bowtruck
WOW see i havent missed much other than nonsense

Look on the bright side bowtruck. We managed to have almost two whole pages before the nonsense got started. Just a bunch of PA hunters sharing their early season experiences until the Greene County mouth just couldnt resist turning it sour.
But, then again, no thread is safe if the topic includes anything positive about the deer hunting in Pennsylvania. At least not while cornhole and the bird are around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.