Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

To All......

Old 10-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default To All......

Whether you support the PA deer plan , or oppose it. Whether you shoot a longbow, recurve, compound or a crossbow.....Good luck to ALL heading out for the PA season opening this weekend. Have a good one and be safe. PLEASE don't be a tough guy...wear your safety harness at ALL times when hunting from a tree stand. Stay downwind, shoot straight, let it all out and take it all in when you're out there. Fred Bear said that bowhunting cleanses the soul. I'll second that. Good luck fellas! - Screamin Steel
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

well said and thank you! good luck everyone and be safe. oh and sleep well too i havent been sleeping good the past couple nights and it not even here yet.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

You have a great season too!!

PLEASE don't be a tough guy...wear your safety harness at ALL times when hunting from a tree stand.
Excellent advice!!!

Fred Bear said that bowhunting cleanses the soul.
Amen!

Steel;when you heading to Erie?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

same same! Too much good spirits in the woods to come out mad!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
You have a great season too!!

Excellent advice!!!

Amen!

Steel;when you heading to Erie?
Man...you had to go and mention Erie, didn't you? LOL I don't know what's got me more wired right now, that or bow season. Plus they just got all that rain and the first real nice run of fish this week. We're going to Erie from the ninth to twelfth of Oct. I hate to miss a wkd in archery, but it's more than worth it to wrestle with five to ten lb steelies all day long! I swear this has been the longest week of work in a long time! Good Luck BP!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
Man...you had to go and mention Erie, didn't you? LOL I don't know what's got me more wired right now, that or bow season. Plus they just got all that rain and the first real nice run of fish this week. We're going to Erie from the ninth to twelfth of Oct. I hate to miss a wkd in archery, but it's more than worth it to wrestle with five to ten lb steelies all day long! I swear this has been the longest week of work in a long time! Good Luck BP!
Bowhunting and Steelhead fishing always becomes a tug of war for me too! We have a camp on Raccoon Creek. Our buddy who lives their said the streams are going to have a good run of fresh fish. So my buddy and I are going to hunt the first day and head up Erie Sunday afternoon and come back Wednesday afternoon. Then will hit it again October 19th to the 23rd. If by chance you decide to go that week of October I mentioned. Send me a pm,be glad to meet you up their. To persuade ourselves to go fishing instead of hunting .We just keep telling ourselves the bowhunting will just get better as the season progresses.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm just waiting for the fun to start when folks start posting pics of nice bucks
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck to all sat nite i cant go out i am in tug of war with takin my mod semi truck to the pulls at the fair
Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you steel.Be safe and good luck.I'll post pictures of my buck.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Bowhunting and Steelhead fishing always becomes a tug of war for me too! We have a camp on Raccoon Creek. Our buddy who lives their said the streams are going to have a good run of fresh fish. So my buddy and I are going to hunt the first day and head up Erie Sunday afternoon and come back Wednesday afternoon. Then will hit it again October 19th to the 23rd. If by chance you decide to go that week of October I mentioned. Send me a pm,be glad to meet you up their. To persuade ourselves to go fishing instead of hunting .We just keep telling ourselves the bowhunting will just get better as the season progresses.

That's how I justify it, too.....only problem is when my buddy starts bugging me to go back to Erie after the third week fo October...gets ALOT harder to leave the woods for the stream after that!....One of the best times I ever spent there, we were going to hunt bear all 3 days, but knocked off after the opener and made an last second decision to fo fishing, drove up and just destroyed them......light crowd that time, too. I'll drop you a PM sometime I'm going up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.