HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   ok maine guys whats happening (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/304820-ok-maine-guys-whats-happening.html)

baileym62 09-24-2009 07:17 PM

ok maine guys whats happening

hey fellow mainers hows the season goin i got my first with a bow on monday 8 pt 208 lbs ill post pics when i figure it out.. what everyone got

baileym62 09-25-2009 04:51 PM

dont tell me im the only mainer on here

Phil from Maine 09-25-2009 05:15 PM

I haven't gone archery hunting as of yet.. I am hoping to shortly but have to much to do before the snow flys.. I have been scouting out moose for an October 12th hunting season.. I tried calling one in on the way home from work last Sunday and have a pic posted in the big game forum.. Also I have an Indian friend that bagged a nice 6 point moose yesterday during an elderly hunt.. I am glad for him and he had his work cut out.. That is on the same forum post as well with a pic of his moose going up tomorrow after I get home from work.. Congrats on your buck as well.. Nice shooting and hunting as well..

baileym62 09-28-2009 10:53 AM

phil where are you located and where are you moose hunting ive been a few times and maybe could give you some ideas good to know someone else from maine here im from china (near waterville ) and have a family camp in jackman. good luck with the moose

Phil from Maine 09-28-2009 03:44 PM

I am about 20 miles north of Calais and will be hunting area 19.. It's the same area I have grown up in... So I am hoping to get a shot at one.. If you get a chance check out I tried calling a moose thread in the big game forums.. I called out a monster but it is a lot harder to call them in for me during the October hunt I have..

Phil from Maine 10-05-2009 01:43 PM

I tried my luck at calling a moose this morning.. as I am getting the itch for moose hunting next monday and it can not get here soon enough!! Here is a pic of what I called out this morning.. I posted this in the big game forum under I tried calling a moose this morning...

baileym62 10-11-2009 12:27 PM

good luck with the moose i hope you can call him back again nothing wrong with him just curios due to reading some debates about firearms lately what youll be using for a rifle

Phil from Maine 10-11-2009 03:17 PM

Call me crazy if you wish my weapon of choice is a bow with my sub-permitee backing me up with a 30-06... I just want the max in the challenge.. That moose I called last monday came in to me at around 20 yards.. I am estimating that one to be between 1000 to 1100 lbs.. He was a real monster of a moose for these parts. Calling him out again will prove difficult to say the least as he has now paired up with a couple of cows..

BTBowhunter 10-11-2009 03:42 PM

If you don't mind hearing from a PA guy, Congrats on that buck Bailey!!!!

And as for you Phil, I'll be up my tree monday morning waiting for a PA deer but something tells me those moose pics you've posted will still be a bouncin around in the old noggin. Best of luck and be safe out there!!! A bunch of us are pullin for ya!!!

Phil from Maine 10-11-2009 05:04 PM

I speak for myself and I do not mind at all.. Good luck in your stand BT.. Those moose pics and all keep bouncing around in my head ever since I saw those. Knowing I can give it a try finally after all these years waiting and trying.. Thanks everyone for wishing me some good luck on this hunt..