Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your doe.. I never made it out after the last day of rifle season here.. I was hoping to get over to Brewer but that never panned out none at all.. I have just been to busy and this weekend I had to go down to the OR because I wasn't feeling very well and sick as a dog.. I am hoping it will be gone from me shortly and will be back to work again.. I can not complain about my hunting season though with getting that moose this past fall and all.. Take care,
Phil
Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Spike

Glad to find some other MAINEiacs on here! My deer season finished out nicely this year. I bagged a nice 6 pointer in the expanded archery zone where my mother owns 30 acres and finished the rifle season off with a 4 pointer on the second saturday of the season up here in Houlton. My girlfriends father came up for thanksgiving and he bagged another 4 pointer in the exact same spot where I got my 4 pointer. I was able to rattle both deer to within 50 yards- what a blast!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you and welcome to the forums..
Old 12-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

keep the posts coming sometimes i have to dig 2-3 pages to find us MAINIACS yeh my season went good i got the 8 pt buck and two does in expanded archery and the last doe with a rifle on last day,, pair them up with about 60 ducks and probley 25 geese , oh yeh the fallow deer my girlfreind shot and well,,,,,yeh the freezer is full and i dont want to shoot any more animals cause im sick of cutting them up!!!!!!

Im sure the itch will be back by april when turkey season starts getting close
Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

hey hows everybody doin any coyotes or anything i havent shot a gun since first week in december getting boring around here probley go shoot a porcupine or something soon have been doing a bunch of practice with the bow at the range in gardiner though but papper is just not the same
Old 02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't been hunting yotes but did take my 3yr. grandson for a ride this afternoon. We was able to see 20 deer walking around brousing in an old cutting. This was at 2:00 pm and there was a lot of sign from them crossing the road. It appears like a pretty decent size deer yard from what I could tell.. Also coming back from Bangor last weekend the wife and I counted 15 on a blueberry barren. We do not have much snow so the numbers and the deer look to be in great shape right now.... Here is a pic of one laying down in a thicket....

Another one laying down but peeking by a tree..

I am not sure but this last one looks like a pregnant doe to me.. Regardless it looks to be in great shape right now..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 02-14-2010 at 03:13 PM.