Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 11-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

maybe he was worn out !!!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

It could be worn out but I have my doubts about it.. It is common for them to be laying around those old cuttings.. It is more of as matter of luck to see one in them up here however.. I have seen some does and a lot of scrapes and rubs but no bucks.. They can be crafty when they want to be..
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Ya there is lots of things to blend in with in those choppings. The 10 point I use for my avatar photo was shot in one actually. He was just chillin in there with a doe when I ruined his day.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well no luck today guys and man what a crappy last day. I froze my a$# off after the rain finally soaked through everything. Thats always fun and makes you want to go back for more lol. I did however see a giant doe. She was huge but unfortunately no buck trailing her. Well I guess Ill be bringing out the blackpowder. Wooot. I love that thing although I think you could anchor a boat with it. Its a hefty thing but it shoots goods.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went out yesterday and after getting all soaked took it easy today.. I did find a place where the deer was traveling a lake shore.. I wished I had taken some time to notice this ealier during the season though.. They used the lake shore to avoid going threw a big swamp with a lot of water in it.. The shoal from all the ice that was pushed up is what they had traveled on. It was a good path with a big buck and a few other deer using it. Other than a lot of scrapes and rubs my deer season is now over for me.. It was great to get out there though with what time I had. I may do another day or 2 of archery over in the Bangor area though..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 11-28-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Ya I work right in Brewer. There are a bunch of deer there in the expanded zones. Actually one of the guys at works cousin got one with a bow dressed 241 lbs either last year or the year before and he could hear the kfc drive thru lol. Bangor has some great spots to. I always wanted to bow hunt but cant afford another addiction ATM. But I may start eventually. Good luck to ya Phil if you do get down there.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks! I have two days off next week in which I will be trying to get out for one of them.. All depends if I end up getting stuck with some meetings or not.. I here you about all the diferent types of hunting though.. That is why I do not muzzle load hunt.. It would be just another add on.. I am hoping to hit Vinal Haven next year seeing how I couldn't do the trip this year and all. I enjoyed my hunting down there last year and hope to get back there for another hunt sometime..
Old 11-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Ya there are tons of deer out there. Most arent huge like the northern deer but I think its because there are so many. There are some bruisers out there though and you can definately fill the freezer with the smaller ones. Im trying to remember where one of my friends goes. They are smaller islands and you need your own boat to get to them but he shot like 5 deer there this year and saw a ton more. All around there is great hunting.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys weres everyone been i got a huge doe on the last day, didnt wiegh her but had many guys tell me she was at least 160. put her in truck beside crotchhorn my buddy shot and she dwarfed him. we heater hunted all morning gave up at lunch time and went to pit to check muzzlloaders then went out for afternoon sit. from the stand i sat in i had to walk back through 3 more fields to get back to truck so i left stand at about 4 last field last few minutes and after i had rounded up my buddy we stepped into the filed that the truck was parked in and there they were!! humungus doe, lambs,small doe and 4 point we decided that since i had a doe tag and he didnt that he wpould shoot the buck and id shoot the doe. then crouched down took aim 1,2,3 bang both fell down was pretty cool went home and put the muzzleloader back in the gun cabinet wont be needing it after all. went out today with my bow in waterville and filled my last tag with a small doe 100lbs freezer is full tags all gone put all my hunting stuff away time for ice fishin & snowmobiling Good luck everyone eles still another week left... Well put almost everything awy kept shotgun close its still duck season, and now im just finally seeing the big flocks comin down may have to bust up a couple next week
Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

i did hang that doe in my garage whick has 8 foot cielings her feet touched the cieling and her nose was 6.5 inches from floor my 208 lb buck from ealier this year touched the floor i couldnt get his nose up but i think like three inches more id had it anyways she was friggin huge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.