Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 10-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good Luck to you I will be working and wishing I was out there.. Maybe Monday afternoon and evening I will get a chance to hunt..
Old 10-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

work no way not on opening day id already be sick or looking for a job

good luck to you as well when you get out
Old 11-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

you dont wanna kill one this early do ya?? my ol man and i went but we werent too serious about shooting anything. at about 100 i had crouched down near a stone wall to cool off a minute and a ****in 6 pointer come hyper grunting right up to me at 8 yds. probably abou7t 140/150 pounder. cute little fella. i winked at him and he trotted off. very cool. i decided to go home and watch the rest of the bruins game after that since i diodnt plan on pullin the trigger anyhow. headed up to camp on tuesday for a week. good luck fellas
Old 11-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't got any problem if I happen to see a nice buck or just the little guy. With my job schedule and all that is going on right now it is not going to matter even a little bit. If it has antlers it fair game.. Right now I am getting ready to head out.
Then I will be back to check on my gram at the nursing home. Priest has already been in and I do not think she has more than a day or two left.. She has lived longer than most of us will so it pretty much her time now.. It is just waiting now and that looks to be just about over..
Old 11-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck Phil and my sympathies for your Gram.
Frank
Old 11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks CI, no luck today but did see alot of sign just nothing moving as it was pretty warm this afternoon.. I will be going to check up on things with my gram shortly. I just do not know how much longer it will be for her.. I am expecting it at anytime right now..
Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

sorry to hear that phil,
Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

skybuster yeh id shoot one now i still have an unlimited amout of doe tags for the expanded archery, just have to keep buying them. and pressure in my bow spot has pretty much gone away now that rifle season has started. i hunt bow behind a spot that my buddy works and he had told me about two big bucks that hes seen when he leaves in the am (he works nights) the one i already shot was an 8 pointer wieghed 208 he since has told me that the other one is bigger and i should havce waited...... ill be pi##ed when i see him and have to shoot the doe hes chasing though.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha nice. i just got home from bingham. had some good fresh snow and it took over 100 road miles barley idl;ing to even cut a buck track and he was a little guy. they need to shut down the top half of the state. the deer heard is in poor poor shape. our friends that run the taggin station have tagged 6 deer so far.......and its not that the deer "just arent movin" its that their just ain any. we went into spots where we have killed some whoppers and places where ive tracked bucks before and some other places whwere we have always found deer and there was nothin. a coiuple biscuit tracks but they wont make the winter i dont believe
Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks baileym62, she had passed on and I was at the funeral Saturday.. I will be working 5 days and 2 nights this week.. So I will only be able to get out there Saturday morning for a while.. Hopefully I will see one then. I agree with skybuster20ga though. There is not an awfull lot of deer up this way now and the winters have raised ol heck with our deer herd. There is still pockets of them though and I have found alot of scraping activity. I am thinking mostly young bucks and that is OK with me if I happen to see one.. I am not overly concerned though I enjoy getting out there.t week with what time I had I did see a doe every once and a while. No bucks around her though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.