Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ok maine guys whats happening >

ok maine guys whats happening

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ok maine guys whats happening

Old 10-16-2009, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

sweet nice when it works quickly on my hunt in 99 i diddnt get a shot at one untill ten minutes left on last day i had already packed up my rifle and everything had to get it out of the case find bullets in bags and run up the road loading to where he was then he had alread walked another 10 yards making a 200 yard shot with win 30-06( out of breath too) first shot terrible guts second high spine drpped him
Old 10-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol nice story. all the moose hunts me and my ftaher have been on and guided we used a birch bark call and a coffee can......
Old 10-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

went to jackman yesterday to camp rode around intill 9.30 shot four birds saw 11 moose and 3 moose hunters that were very happy to see us when we took them to moose . funny though most of them look p#$%ed off as you approach them and say your bird hunting. then you tell them to follow you and youll show them a moose they turn into your b est friend. huh! all well i helped them with the fun part finding one, and watched the shooting and left for the hard work getting it to the truck. still glad to help i guy from nh shot a cow another from green area shot a bull probley 700 and another from prtland shot one bout 600 nothing monsterous but they filled there tags
Old 10-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

not a one of these guys had set foot in there zone untill the day the hunt started. no wonder they couldn find a moose
Old 10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know a few from this area that never filled thier tags as well.. Some of these guys did do some scouting but still had no luck. The moose werre acting strange at times. But mostly it was due to poor calling or using the wrong calls. I was told my calls were not going to work for me as well. I guess I proved some of them wrong.. I was also asked to guide some guy for $200 a day. But not being a guide myself I told him I couldn't take any money from him. However I did offer to help him out if he wanted me to. He never responded to that so I think he was trying to set me up or something.. I do not know how that guy made out though..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

sounds fishy** would really bite to try and help someone and have them bag you or something** one of these guys gave my buddy and i a case of beer out of ther cooler and said to meet them at the bar that night theyed buy but my daughter had hockey and i had to go home** would probley never take money anyway*** just hope theyde help me out in future. anyway i hadnt sent in since 99 but did this yaer cause my girlfriend wanted to get one and will continue to try for my daughter will be hunting in two years and she really wants to shoot one so ill try to get one and let them have the fun.* sopped apllying to give others a better chance since id already got one.* Maybe if more people did that more people would get them......* i know some guys, or at least there immediate family that get drawn every year it seems others that have been trying since beginning and never been drawn.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are right about the fact some never get drawn it seams.. I have a friend who has a tag almost every year and this year his son and himself got tags. The had cow tags this year and had zone 28. That is one of the toughest zones I know of and when I last talked with them have had no luck. That was last Thursday so I am not to sure if they had taken one or not.. I also know a few others that have gotten tags almost every year as well. Some just can not seam to get drawn at all. This tag was my first one ever and I have applied ever since they first started it.. It felt great to be able to hunt them for once.. Though not really the bull I would have like to have gotten I am still proud of it..
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

yeh m dad has been trying since beginning and just got one last . we tookmy daughter and she loved it the whole time we were bird hunting she was depressed cause we couldnt shoot the moose but she watched all three shoot this weekend as well as my dads last year and loved evry minute. she goes duck hunting and turkey too with me. This year ive bought a new ground blind and ill be taking her deer hunting some. she shoots a 16 lb bow and a red ryder bb gun, maybe i created a monster
Old 10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

let her at the 22 today she loved it wants to sell her bb gun now i guess ill have to buy her a 22 for chrismas, thinking chipmunk cause of her size anyone had any exp. with them are they any good
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

hey everyone just wanted to let you know that ill be in the woods allday tommorow my dad has pics of a monster on his trail camers and im gonna get him dont care if it is raining or not. my neighbor has been seeing him all summer and now hes on our property got pics from 15 days in a row at the same spot same time coming from the same direction just gonna set up on his trail befor where he crosses my dads stand ( he would do it to me dont worry) jk... will everybody else be sticking out the rain or will you be haeter hunting, ill probley see a mix myself good luck mainers keep us all posted on what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.