Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Do you support Sunday hunting in PA? >

Do you support Sunday hunting in PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: Do you support Sunday hunting in PA
Yes
76.09%
No
23.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Do you support Sunday hunting in PA?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by boilermaker85
Ya we stack em up! I just learned from b.c that a xbow will shoot 100 yrds and still go through the thickest of bone! Im pumped up now! He said he tried it and its so easy a retard can do it!

And it would appear that you're just the man to prove it
Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Ya we stack em up! I just learned from b.c that a xbow will shoot 100 yrds and still go through the thickest of bone! Im pumped up now! He said he tried it and its so easy a retard can do it!
and here's the retard

Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

afraid of competition?
Ummm.....NO.
Adding a Sunday would increase the harvest and pressure on deer exponentially as it is. We all know that Sunday hunting would not add up to simply one more day per week of hunting. The pressure of Sunday hunting would add about 30% more human intrusion into the woods. (IMO)
With the decline of hunter numbers I felt that the deer could handle it. That was, until they legalized crossguns statewide. When you put the influx of new crossgun hunters in with the increased pressure of Sunday hunting, I feel it will prove to become too burdensome to the herd and hunting overall.
I am really disappointed with our game managers at this point. It seems they have gone from erring on the side of caution to arrogantly throwing caution to the wind.
The PA Game Commission is simply keeping up with the Jones' (other states) in that they want money, money, MONEY, as of late. I would favor a nice sized general license price increase versus this.
We are going to eventually pay for all this (crossguns AND Sunday hunting) in the form of reduced season length, so what are we really gaining?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

....at this point I would be happy to see PA following other states lead for a change, OTHER THAN TRYING TO BE ASININE DEER MANAGEMENT PIONEERS! Lets shoot for the lowest deer densities in the nation and turn PA into a bird sanctuary with green sustainable forests where the hippy vegan tree huggers can play.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

i wouldnt come to pa to hunt. but i may come to see the bird sanctuary!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

its 30 to 8? majority rules! see ya on sunday
Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sunday should be reserved for xbows!
That's funny!!

How about buck hunting only on Sunday? No worries about the doe on Sunday.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
That's funny!!

How about buck hunting only on Sunday? No worries about the doe on Sunday.

That is an idea, actually!
Hmmm.

No worries of overhunting the herd there. You get your one buck a year and you'd be done anyway. Impact would actually be negligible in that scenario.

I was all for Sunday hunting.... until the crossgun fiasco.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

i knew you guys would get on board! sundays buck/crossbow only! perfect!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

i guess i am one of 8.....i dont want to see it.i feel deer need day of rest after being chased all week.its nice to not see trucks bouncing down road and gun shots while at camp.it also is nice day to go shopping, watch tv or sit at bar or camp with friends.i think that would disappear if sunday hunting would be allowed.

i guess i just like way things are now.i like talking to hunters on sunday at elks club,then out to camps and talk some more.if sunday hunting was allowed ,i would not see those friends as they would be hunting.2 more day just in gunseason ,i feel would put a hurt in deer numbers too.

guys, we just dont need more pressure on deer that are left.i understand having time to hunt is hard for people who cant get off during week.just my view on things...........

if it was ONE DEER AND YOUR DONE,i would be willing to change my opinion on sunday hunting,no extra tags or dmap tags that are not being used in dmap areas but on PRIVATELAND.got off topic again but these dmap tags are real failure and honest hunters like us that go by rules are not seeing what is happening.

Last edited by sproulman; 09-24-2009 at 07:08 PM.