Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Shot a Xbow today >

Shot a Xbow today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shot a Xbow today

Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry saxman! This post has been hijacked! It seems that we have someone here that hasnt been able to fill there tag! And its because of all those pesky crossbow hunters have slain all the deer! Lol
Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

it started with SHOT A XBOW TODAY. AND THEN YOU STARTED RANTING? I LIVE IN OHIO CROSSBOWS DIDNT DESIMATE OUR DEER POPULATION. IT BROUGHT MORE PEOPLE TO OUR SPORT! IM GLAD TO SEE IT! ALL THE CRYING IN THE WORLD WONT BRING HEAVY DEER POPULATIONS TO PA! YOU NEVER HAD ALOT BEFORE! AND "BIG BUCKS" DONT GO HAND IN HAND WITH PA!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Quote; Mike Tonkovich,chief deer biologist for the state of Ohio. Ohio legalized crossbows on a limited basis in 1976 and statewide for all archery seasons in 1982. The crossbow deer kill first exceeded the vertical bow kill in 1989 and has remained higher every year since. Also,data collected by the Ohio Division of Natural Resources has found,that while crossbows "do not" necessarily create many new hunters. But they keep existing hunters in the woods for more years,said Tonkovich.

Tonkovich is correct. How doe's a weapon, recruit a new hunter. Not a seasoned hunter looking to try something different. But a first time hunter. I would think the time a seasoned hunter devotes to introducing a new hunter, produces better results than the weapon itself.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

We have very liberal bag limits.too.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boilmaker I bought my 8 year old daughter a crossbow this summer because she isnt ready to hunt with her real bow, I had it dialed in after just 5 shots and she was proficient enough to use hunting this year with in a couple days.
(even though we continiue to practice)
I am very impressed with their accuracy, once it is sighted in (for adults) they are no different then rifles, slug guns and ML.'s. Just take it off the rack a few days prior to the season shoot a few shots to make sure it is still dialed in and go hunting. With that said I think the crossbow is a great weapon to teach young hunters with and think they should be legal for kids and disabled hunters only.
But with that said when I take my daughter out next weekend for the first day of bow season I dont consider it to be taking her BOW HUNTING but hunting with a small caliber firearm.
Also in your opinion why dont big bucks and PA. go hand in hand? Pike
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

call it what you want but it is bow firearms go bang
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

the crossbow does go bang like a small caliber firearm!! The only negative thing about them. Pike
Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see no powder in a crossbolt. I shot one and think they stink. I will be out with my old long bow
Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you actually use a long bow and not a recurved? if you are using a true long bow ,do you harvest a buck every year?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
Let's see here......

A stock like a gun.....
A forearm like a gun...
Sling mounts like a gun...
A safety like a gun...
Pre-loaded like a gun...
Sights like a gun...

QUACK QUACK!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by bluebird2
Do you actually use a long bow and not a recurved? if you are using a true long bow ,do you harvest a buck every year?
BB i use a old long bow was my grandfathers the first day minimum . I have my first bow a working recurve. my latest a martin compound. I have got a buck every year since 76 not all with a bow thou.

manyspur we could go back and fourth all night but instead i guess we have different opinions on what a gun is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.