Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Deer hunters meetings >

NY Deer hunters meetings

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Deer hunters meetings

Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY Deer hunters meetings

Folks;
the dates are out for some of these venues. I truly hope that you can find the time to be there and voice your opinions on bowhunting and deer hunting in NYS. It is more than evident that we (as hunters) due not have a good line of communication with our/the governing entity.

You cannot complain about the state of things or purposed changes if you do nothing to aide your feelings reaching those that make these decisions.

On behalf of those who love bowhunting,the idea of increasing the opportunity of hunters, the opportunity of land managers and mature buck hunters; I will be there !

here is the link to the scheduled dates. (Glad they planned it during bow season )

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/57795.html
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to but the commute would be a bit much.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

I would go but I have class on the Thursday of the closest one
Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems to me if the DEC was so concerned about what the public thought they'd sch. more than 1 or 2 meetings in each area. Plus not hold them during N. archery season too boot. They certainly held alot more than that when the DEC wanted to change the Southern Reg. season opener to a Saturday. I'll have to see what's going on the night of the Syracuse meeting. If its a nice evening I'm sure I'd much rather be in my treestand, trying to fill a leftover tag.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
Seems to me if the DEC was so concerned about what the public thought they'd sch. more than 1 or 2 meetings in each area. Plus not hold them during N. archery season too boot. They certainly held alot more than that when the DEC wanted to change the Southern Reg. season opener to a Saturday. I'll have to see what's going on the night of the Syracuse meeting. If its a nice evening I'm sure I'd much rather be in my treestand, trying to fill a leftover tag.

In my opinion- theyre just doing this to appease the fact we all know there is no communication between hunters and the state. Anticipating it will be a one way shouting match once the bell rings- and nothing will change. I really hope I am wrong though...