Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Shot a Xbow today >

Shot a Xbow today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shot a Xbow today

Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Spike

Default Shot a Xbow today

Them things are so easy to shoot. This was a 200$ one from dunhams. Has a red dot scope and yardage adjustment on the side of it. Out to 50 yrds and set it on 7,you will hit a paper plate every time. The onlything one needs is a rangefinder and you will be smacking them deer easy with that Xbow. No practice really needed once sighted in. Just set the number on the side and fire. #4 is good out to 35 yrds and 7 is 50 yrds. 150# draw and only 200$ that is one accurate and fast Xbow. I see alot of Xbow hunters out there this year. Again Xbows are very simple to use. I don't know who said practice needs to be done with these,but they are wrong about that. Easy as eating cake.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

junky car, unitl you have an intelligent thought about any type of shooting, please keep those like above to yourself. A .22 is easy to shoot as well but i don't use it deer hunting! That crack can be used against evryone that hunts w/a compound, not easy to master hence it has left how many deer in the past 10 years dying on the woods? DA
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep and everybbody who owns a compound is proficient and hits what they aim at after hours of exhaustive practice! C'mon.........
Old 09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ManySpurs as you have been in the past w/ your diatribe about Xbows wrong!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

This is coming from someone who know absolutely nothing about crossbows. Never even touched one in my life. Junky says that shooting a crossbow takes very little practice to master. I don't know if he is right or wrong but some of you seem to take issue with that statement. Please explain why he is wrong. Please explain why shooting a crossbow takes considerable practice. What skills does one have to master before he becomes proficient.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

What skills does one have to master before he becomes proficient.
Cranking it back evenly, sliding the safety off quietly, leveling the crosshairs and pulling the trigger.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crossbows are for people that are disabled and people that are to lazy to learn how to hunt with a real bow.
Could you repeat that please?

Please explain why shooting a crossbow takes considerable practice.
Same reason why you would practice shooting your shotgun or rifle.

I found crossbows take a little getting use to. They are front-heavy and have terrible trigger pull.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pats102862
Oh boy, I guess if someone wants to see deer running around suffering with arrows sticking in their hind quarters and guts, they just have to find out where you will be hunting.
BS buddy. Them things are a piece of cake to shoot and accurate.
Now why would you say something of the likes of that? have you ever shot a Xbow? I have not till yesterday and they are sweet.
Like I said all you need is a range finder and you are set. Again what part of them be accurate didn't you understand in my post?
Again if you or no one else has shot one,you don't realize how easy they are to use. I was shooting and grouping better with the Xbow than most do with a bow. Again try one then come back and make that remark . There will be nothing but vitals with them bad boys.
If you can hold a rifle and shoot it accurate you can do the same with a Xbow. It's time for rifle hunters to seek revenge on the early rut hunting bow hunters. Now we get a chance at them trophy bucks during the peak of the rut season. SWEET
Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
Crossbows are for people that are disabled and people that are to lazy to learn how to hunt with a real bow.
Yea,whats your point? I admit I am lazy sometimes. I just don't feel like useing a weapon that most others have been useing. I also rather have the string held back in place for me also. Again I am a bit lazy when it comes to shooting certain weapons but I am not to lazy to drag a trophy buck from the rut out of the woods with my new Xbow.He!! no. Maybe I will see some of you antis out there and maybe you all can comment on my new weapon and I can return the comment to ya. LMAO
Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by junky_car
BS buddy. Them things are a piece of cake to shoot and accurate.
What ever you say there superstar. If you don't need to practice, then you don't need to practice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.