Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PGC Meeting on PAs Crossbow Season >

PGC Meeting on PAs Crossbow Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC Meeting on PAs Crossbow Season

Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default PGC Meeting on PAs Crossbow Season

The PGC is meeting at noon on Sept 3rd to discuss the change for the crossbow season. We will know for sure at the end of that meeting what the final ruling will be as far as what the length of the crossbow season (it will be concurrent with the regular Pa archery season) will be for non handicapped hunters.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I've been a sincere supporter of the PA Game Commission for many years, but this debacle is something else. When a government outfit pulls stunts like this one, you begin to lose faith. The switching back and forth even after the season was printed up in the Digest you get with your license is something I'd expect out of a bunch of school kids. Not even high school kids. We've all heard the stories about people who went out and boght crossbows after the first decision and then found out later their season was not what they expected it to be. I firmly believe that, because it very nearly happened to me. I actually cancelled an order.
I guess I'm just more than a little annoyed about the whole thing. Also, how about the job they did concealing the Elk license application on their website???
Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

My prediction is that the decision will stand to allow full inclusion of the crossbow for the entire length of the season.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
My prediction is that the decision will stand to allow full inclusion of the crossbow for the entire length of the season.
As i've stated before,,,im not a x-bow user but my Dad and his buddy decided to give em a whirl this year,,,both in their mid 60's,,,and they dont know which way to turn with this goat f*^k of a debacle that the pgc has going on up there! And to be quite honest,,i think it has really turned alot of guys,,,that otherwise were for the game commission,,,against them! At this point in time no matter what the arguments are either for or against the x-bow regs. i feel that it has to be passed as stated in the reg, book. at least for this year.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope it stands for this year at the least
Old 08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

The crossbow seems here to stay. The whole process by which it came really stinks bit the fact remains that we got em now.

Hopefully, the concerns that many of us had will turn out to be unwarranted. If any movement or even any grumbling starts about shortening the bow season, we'd better be on our toes and be ready to fight it with everything we've got.

The biggest disappointment is that we missed an opportunity to bring in mandatory bowhunter ed for newbies with either bow.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont see many locals getting crossbow, just to expensive.also they all bought in-lines and get their meat then and a lot easier than with bow.horns are not important to most i talk too so they use muzz instead.
now, out of area hunters, YES they are all coming in with crossbows.i am seeing more hunters in archery than i have in years and a lot are road hunting with crossbows.they drop hanky out window of truck to ground, continue up road and turn around.back they come and passenger slides out of truck with crossbow as they are driving slowly.the doe watchs the truck roll on,the crossbowhunter aims while doe is watching truck move on.

i heard its a deadly way to get doe with crossbow road hunting and is being used a lot.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are does attracted to hankies?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Are does attracted to hankies?

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself...that's a goodn'..
BAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA.......
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i dont see many locals getting crossbow, just to expensive.also they all bought in-lines and get their meat then and a lot easier than with bow.horns are not important to most i talk too so they use muzz instead.
now, out of area hunters, YES they are all coming in with crossbows.i am seeing more hunters in archery than i have in years and a lot are road hunting with crossbows.they drop hanky out window of truck to ground, continue up road and turn around.back they come and passenger slides out of truck with crossbow as they are driving slowly.the doe watchs the truck roll on,the crossbowhunter aims while doe is watching truck move on.

i heard its a deadly way to get doe with crossbow road hunting and is being used a lot.
Sproul:
should'nt you have saved this post for after the crossbow season? or better yet,,,call your local game warden buddy,,,that you so enthusatically talk about all the time,,,,because if you see all this nonsense going on as much as you say you do,,,maybe your local boy can put a finger on it,,,,,,,Or,,,could it be that maybe your just a hair full of sh!t?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.