Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny state lic

Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

It sucks that we have to pay that much. The issue is going to be all the people that are going to not buy licenses and go out and shoot deer anyway. check the numbers on that one I am sure there will be alot of that going on.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowanna03
It sucks that we have to pay that much. The issue is going to be all the people that are going to not buy licenses and go out and shoot deer anyway. check the numbers on that one I am sure there will be alot of that going on.
The SS with dmp application gives you the chance of up to 5 deer (2 more if permits are signed over), 4 turkeys, small game of some type most of the year, and more fish then one could eat.

A $30 increase for all this is going to lead to rampant poaching?
There might be some who use it an excuse for actions they most likely are already doing - in short - scum poachers.

Steve
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't gotten my license yet. I'll be getting my SS w/o a DMP. I talked to one of my hunting partners and because of the price and being him laid-off, he choice not to get the SS license and no turkey permits this year. He had to cut back because of the increase. I think this is going to be common all over this state. As Steve said, poaching will also increase because of people being laid off and cannot afford the licenses. I just hope to get a deer or two and enjoy the experience with my buddies. It's such a shame this is turning polical.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Spike

The price increase does suck but for $98 I can fish for 12 months and take 3 turkeys in my area. I drew 2 dmps so I could shoot 5 deer with rifle,bow,or bp rifle .Me and Zeke(my beagle) get to chase bunnies when time allows ,and on occasion I shoot a few squirrels .$98 divided by 12 months = $8.16 a month , My golf league costs me $40-50 each week and is over in 2 1/2 hours.When I put in perspective like that I
don't tmind it so much. I also would like to see the DEC do more for our money ,but
have resigned myself to the fact that it won't happen and bitchin about it doesn't
help.GOOD LUCK this deer season!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Spike

I Just found this forum, and am glad of it!

I am OUTRAGED by the callous disregard for we the NY sportsmen and women by the DEC's Peter Grannis. While a fee increase from time to time is expected, this is nothing short of RAPE and highway robbery. Can I pay it? Yes, I can pay it. Will I? Will you??

The cost of a single item license (ie: small game hunting; fishing; etc) was increased by a factor of OVER 50% That can not stand. The cost of an upper echelon license (ie: Supersportsman)factoring in doe permit fees and the new license for Marine fishing approaches a factor of 70%. I think we should scream bloody murder and call for the head of Commissioner Grannis. We must live within our means. So must the DEC. So must ALL governmental agencies. An end to the never ending upward spiral of fees, taxes and surcharges must be demanded!

We have the power to do this. I see that many here have made statements by their refusal to purchase doe permits. That's good. I am willing to go a little farther by calling for a BOYCOTT of sporting licenses until DEC backs down, and they will, quickly, as soon as they see that their attempt to raise their income by raping NY sportsmen has BACKFIRED in their faces. We don't need to hunt or fish. We do it because we want to. DEC on the other hand does need us. We are the hand that feeds them, and they are biting us HARD! Raise your voices and close your wallets!

In the interest of full disclosure, I want to state that I have, up till now, been a regular annual purchaser of a Conservation Legacy license. This year, I will not be buying that. I do, however, want to put venison in my freezer, so it is likely that, despite my call for total boycott, I will at minimum purchase a big game tag with doe permit. I am also considering a lifetime sportsman license prior to Oct 1 as this will place my money into the conservation fund which is untouchable save for it's garnered interest and provide me without increased charge my recreational licenses (optional to me for bow and muzz) and no charge doe permits for life, thus undermining Commissar Grannis' attempted extortion.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am willing to go a little farther by calling for a BOYCOTT of sporting licenses until DEC backs down,
No - I am going hunting and fishing for 27 cents a day. I spend $3 a day for coffee.
And you are not serious - took you about one sentence to back off on your boycott call to a level you are comfortable with.

Not happy it is more - but would never consider paying a bit more to be even remotely compared to the violent, degrading crime of rape. Perhaps a better description of your displeasure and a non hypocrical call for boycott would lend to being taken more seriously.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
No - I am going hunting and fishing for 27 cents a day. I spend $3 a day for coffee.
And you are not serious - took you about one sentence to back off on your boycott call to a level you are comfortable with.

Not happy it is more - but would never consider paying a bit more to be even remotely compared to the violent, degrading crime of rape. Perhaps a better description of your displeasure and a non hypocrical call for boycott would lend to being taken more seriously.
So you hunt and /or fish 365 days a year? Nice life. Otherwise, your math logic is faulty. However, jacking up fees by nearly 70% is financial rape in my book. You want to pay it, go ahead. Commissar Grannis loves you.

I could spend 3 dollars a day on coffee, but I make a pot of coffee for about 50 cents and enjoy 4 mugs for that money. As long as people roll over and take it, the money mongers will keep their hands in your pockets. And yes, I did admit that I will probably hunt this year, but I am not going to buy the license I normally do, and I hope that the rape of NY sportsmen and women backfires in DEC's greedy face. And I am very serious in my anger and indignation over this outrage as well as similar additional fees, surcharges and taxes in every area of our lives. I may have to pay, but I don't have to shut up and take it. If enough people make enough noise, our rulers will hear us.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

If many of you were smart, you would stop spiting yourselves and buy the lifetime license. I paid 780 and am grandfathered in now. I will never pay for doe tags and got the package at the old price. It is still available till i believe october 1. The way I look at it is I just prepaid less then 10 yrs of license for life! I wish I did this when I started hunting.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

but I make a pot of coffee for about 50 cents and enjoy 4 mugs for that money.
That would get you the opportunity for almost 2 SS lisences - with the opportunity to fish or hunt every day. Up to 7 deer, 4 turkeys, a bear, and more fish then most could ever eat. Or you could call for a boycott that only slightly inconveniences you and ask every else to do more. Walk it if you are going to talk it.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by azzir
I am willing to go a little farther by calling for a BOYCOTT of sporting licenses until DEC backs down, and they will, quickly, as soon as they see that their attempt to raise their income by raping NY sportsmen has BACKFIRED in their faces. We don't need to hunt or fish. We do it because we want to.
Are you serious. This has got to be one of the most ridiculously funny statements I have ever read on HNI. Boycott hunting! It sounds to me like you are siding with the Anti's. Are you? Because if anyone boycotts hunting that means you are an anti. Wal-Mart just raised the price of my favorite cereal, so do you think I should boycott that. Suck it up and get your licenses. I am not at all happy with the price increases but that is life. Prices go up and we pay them. If the # of hunting licenses continue to drop, the state will continue to raise the prices to make up for the lost revenue. It is simple economics. What we need is more people to buy licenses so the price at least stays steady for a while. Boycotting the purchase of licenses will do the exact opposite of what you say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.