Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny state lic

Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
$240 i think for me as a non res!!!!! insane!

Don't hunt out west then! $240 would be cheap out there. These are more conservative states also. Who is doing the robbing out there?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's it cost for non-res to hunt gun/bp/archery/ in Mass.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
Don't hunt out west then! $240 would be cheap out there. These are more conservative states also. Who is doing the robbing out there?
Think this mite be the year i tell NY to stick their licsense you know where. Typical NY-pay more get less!! Those states in the midwest that are charging more also go to great lengths to manage their deer heards for great hunting. NY's idea of management is wipeout the heard bcuz their pockets get filled by insurance companies wanting them to do so!!! And that is the truth- o yeah and then try to make even more money from those who are hunting the deer!! Thanks NYS!!! Fu#*%ng Jerks
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Think this mite be the year i tell NY to stick their licsense you know where. Typical NY-pay more get less!! Those states in the midwest that are charging more also go to great lengths to manage their deer heards for great hunting. NY's idea of management is wipeout the heard bcuz their pockets get filled by insurance companies wanting them to do so!!! And that is the truth- o yeah and then try to make even more money from those who are hunting the deer!! Thanks NYS!!! Fu#*%ng Jerks
Your choice of course. NY has a much more diverse landscape than any state in the midwest. We have a good many deer, and lots of guys get to hunt them and a good many are successful. Reason enough for me to keep hunting in this state.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Your choice of course. NY has a much more diverse landscape than any state in the midwest. We have a good many deer, and lots of guys get to hunt them and a good many are successful. Reason enough for me to keep hunting in this state.
Alot of deer and diverse landscape yes. Also a state gov't that knows and cares nothing about qdm or basic heard management for that matter. And for that we get higher licsense prices and one less privelege (doe tag). Thanks NY. Suck as it may tho i not much choice but to pay. Sorry-just sick of this states bs when it comes to hunting.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

It'll be $140 for me to come up to Madison Co (area 7M) and rifle hunt on my sister's 125 acre farm.

I have to sit back and weigh the pros/cons of spending the $$$$....

I can only get off for 1 week from my job.
It's a 10 hour drive up there, plus $$$ gas prices.
I can very easily hunt down here in Virginia (but not on Sundays )
Virginia is loaded with deer.
But the New York has some monster deer up there.

Hmmmm.... Should I? Shouldn't I?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY's idea of management is wipeout the heard bcuz their pockets get filled by insurance companies wanting them to do so!!!
Post some proof of this.
Insurance companies could care less - they rate areas on collisions and adjust rates accordingly. They do not lose money in areas of high deer/car collisions - in fact they can make more in years where the numbers are less. Ratings are based on historical worse case records.

Also there is no way any state can manage for qdm. True qdm is done on an area by area need according to conditions. There is no "one size fits all" qdm program. Only trophy management offers that.

SteveBNY

Last edited by SteveBNy; 08-26-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Alot of deer and diverse landscape yes. Also a state gov't that knows and cares nothing about qdm or basic heard management for that matter. And for that we get higher licsense prices and one less privelege (doe tag). Thanks NY. Suck as it may tho i not much choice but to pay. Sorry-just sick of this states bs when it comes to hunting.

Why should the state worry about QDM?? The states responsibility is to set hunting seasons to control deer populations. The number of points a buck wears on it's head when he gets shot means NOTHING to overall population control. A deer taken out of the population is just the same whether it's a ten pointer or a spike. The only people offended here are trophy hunters. I really don't see the state feeling the need to make drastic changes simply to make them happy.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Steve863
I like what you said.

I know alot of people are hurting financially, but for $47 you can fish all year, small game hunt, deer & bear hunt for 3 weeks, doesn't seem too bad to me.
I'm thankful we can still hunt in NY.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Why should the state worry about QDM?? The states responsibility is to set hunting seasons to control deer populations. The number of points a buck wears on it's head when he gets shot means NOTHING to overall population control. A deer taken out of the population is just the same whether it's a ten pointer or a spike. The only people offended here are trophy hunters. I really don't see the state feeling the need to make drastic changes simply to make them happy.
Sorry i shouldve left qdm out of this. My point is the heard management end. Our buck to doe ratio is so outta whack where i am its not even funny. Yet now less does will be taken because people now have to pay for their dmps. But you can bet every 1.5 year old buck will be blasted. How are they keeping the population under control if you are not killing does? Slaughter Permits-another great idea. Dont let hunters shoot them-let farmers slaughter them all summer who allow no hunting-thats brilliant!!As for the insurance company issue,
Ive read many articles in newspapers/magazines that this is indeed the case-i will try to locate some of these and post them for you. I will tell you i worked for a company that did live deer trapping in areas with high deer populations in New Jersey(before new cwd transport rules) Many of these counties involved in reducing the heard #s by trapping/sharpshooting specifically said there was pressure to do so from govt agencies/ins. companies. Of course all was hush hush. I know this was NJ but you cant honestly expect the same doesnt go on here. And yes i know there is no live deer trapping in NY.

Last edited by rh160kid; 08-26-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.