Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Doe tags in n.y.s. Seem to decline in numbers >

Doe tags in n.y.s. Seem to decline in numbers

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Doe tags in n.y.s. Seem to decline in numbers

Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Doe tags in n.y.s. Seem to decline in numbers

I was checking the doe tags permits and it seem the numbers are not what they use to be ,maybe the DEC. is starting to cut back there numbers.I tried for 2 different areas 7M and 4W no luck got a credit for next year.I really don't care that much on Doe tags since I bow and m/l hunt and can always fill a tag during the bow or late black powder season with my flint lock
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

There were even fewer doe tags 3 or 4 years ago. Though, I do think that there were less given out this year than last.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

There was an article in NY Outdoors about the general decrease in doe tags for the upcoming season. I think they said somewhere around 5% or 10%. I can't remember exactly. I'm hunting in 6G, 8N and 8H. The 6G tags stayed about the same, but the 8N and 8H tags increased by a couple hundred give or take a few. Good luck out there.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default bummed out on 1st tag

I applied for 2 tags 1st in 8t witch is suppose to be high , More than 2 out of 3 ??
I got a prefrence point ( yummy ) AARRRHHHH...
My 2nd choice 8p witch was low , or lesss than 1 of 3 picked and I got one ...???
I hunt both areas , they are only abought 40 miles or so away , but I have better luck in 8t ..
Guess its just a little frustrating ....
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

All ive ever applied for was 3M,3P, or3R. I always get two and mabye a transfer. 3M and 3R are easy to get, and Ive only been denied a 3P once in 8years.

On a side note ,does anyone else in the hudson valley area, notice alot more deer around than usual? Im seeing tons of fawns and even alot of good bucks, although unfortunatly alot of roadkill .