Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

enough already

Old 01-25-2002, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: enough already

I think the correct spelling is Pennsyltucky!

As for Mass, You guys are too far away for us to hear much either way except here on this board. Gotta wonder seriously about a state that keeps sendin Ted Kennedy back to Washington though!

Old 01-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

MA_...I think some responses got a little side tracked to your original question. I agree completely. Some folks take the luxury of stereotyping everyone from Massachusetts. Unfortunately, some of those included are from Massachusetts. I Have friends that are dedicated to deer hunting in their own state (MA) and these hunters I would put against anyone in their deer knowledge, love of hunting and more importantly, their respect of the game they hunt. I'm with you on this one.....Jimmy S
Old 01-29-2002, 08:05 AM

I would be interested in knowing the numbers of hunters from each state that come to Maine to hunt. It seems that the vast majority of "out-of-state" hunters here in Maine are in fact from MA. If that is in fact the case it might explain why there seems to be more criticizm directed towards them than other states.
If someone "from away" comes into your back yard you expect them to be respectful of you and your yard. Unfortunately it only takes one disrespectful person to give everyone from their neck of the woods a bad reputation. I remember when I was in England with the Air Force. Due to the rude behavior of some of the drunks amongst our ranks you would often run into some bad attitudes in communities near the base where they had to deal with us Yanks in their back yards. I can still hear the protesters yelling "Bloody Yanks Go Home!" There were also some of the nicest people I've ever met over there.
The same is likewise true here. The folks that are bashing the MA folks are reacting to a bad experience of their own or one that was shared with them. It's the nature of man to react that way. Just remember that their feelings and comments are simply a reaction whether it is justified or not and that not everyone feels the same way they do.
On another note don't leave the BB because you don't like what someone else says or feels. They are entitled to that position just as you are entitled to yours.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone that dislikes their huntin spot & wants to find a better place to hunt can send me directions to their spot,,,i'll be proud to hunt it!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck this season& if ya get the chance,,,take a kid huntin