Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default How many of you plan on shooting does

How many of you plan on filling every doe tag that you have access to?

I haven't shot one in a very long time yet I get one some times two tags per year. Basically it gives me a reason to be in the woods during fire arms season even though I usually tag a buck in archery season, and if by chance a doe were to come by me with an obvious wound I would put her down but other than that I have no real reason to shot them.
With all of the available seasons and weapon choices I find it hard to believe that anyone that goes afield with the mindset of killing a doe would have any problem doing so.

Just my thought on the matter.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

We won't in Clearfield county but will in Lancaster county where the landowner requests they be shot.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Will most likely shoot one doe this year, even if I get a buck.

Didn't shoot a deer last year, for the first time in many years. Could've taken a doe, didn't, "wrong gun" at the time there were baldies to be had.

Figure to atone this fall.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I don't hunt PA ....yet....but I shoot 2 to 3 does per year, whether it be with a bow, muzzleloader or shotgun. I do most of my hunting in NJ and does are unlimited there. I'm doing my part to balance the herd, and also to fill my freezer with some delicous nutricous venison. I'm a deer hunter, not a buck hunter.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Spike

I always get my doe tags, but never use them. I'm in Juniata county (zone 4B) and we've been hoping to improve the population around our area in recent years. We had horrible numbers in the past but it's been improving lately.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on one.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

In Montgomery County MD where I live and will be hunting, I can take unlimited antlerless and two bucks per season. I'll shoot what I can.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on shooting at least 7 dmap doe in 2G.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

i have yet to harvest my first deer so if its brown its down
Old 08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

NO, Only a buck ,IF I see the specific buck I have been watching. If I dont see that buck,well quess I eat cereal for a year. I have been seeing between 17 and 22 buck on my property, but only one will work.Let the rest grow up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.