Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't you ever got a buck mounted? I've never bagged a ten but always thought when/ if I get one if he's decent I'll get him done. Only mount I did was on a nice six I got in '03....lacked brows to be an eight, but it was just a really neat hunt and the mount is a nice reminder. For the same reason I photo nearly all the deer and turkeys I kill, as well my larger fish, and even some small game if there was something memorable about the hunt. I'm afraid that when I get older my memories might fade, and the pics are a nice companion sitting in front of a warm fire in the middle of February. Also my kids, family, and friends always enjoy looking through my photo albums...it's good stuff. A well taken photograph is way cheaper than a mount, and will last for many years. You should try it...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I will shoot many does this year.... and if im lucky i will take one good buck ... cant eat them horns and a doe tastes better than a rutted up buck any day .
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

cant eat them horns and a doe tastes better than a rutted up buck any day .
Never noticed the difference with proper field care and aging.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
Haven't you ever got a buck mounted? I've never bagged a ten but always thought when/ if I get one if he's decent I'll get him done. Only mount I did was on a nice six I got in '03....lacked brows to be an eight, but it was just a really neat hunt and the mount is a nice reminder. For the same reason I photo nearly all the deer and turkeys I kill, as well my larger fish, and even some small game if there was something memorable about the hunt. I'm afraid that when I get older my memories might fade, and the pics are a nice companion sitting in front of a warm fire in the middle of February. Also my kids, family, and friends always enjoy looking through my photo albums...it's good stuff. A well taken photograph is way cheaper than a mount, and will last for many years. You should try it...
Yep,I got one buck mounted.It was an 8 point with a 21 1/2 inch spread and 11 inch G 2's.That buck,I have alot of pictures of.About 6 years ago I rattled in and killed a nice 9 point that I had hit the first week of the season.I was gonna get that buck mounted but my wife busted my baii's because it wasn't as big as that 8 point.The 10 point was ok but really nothing to brag about and the 9 point I got the next year was ok but really not impressive enough to mount,in my opinion.I also got one gobbler mounted but I actually did that as a joke to my wife.I thought she'd hate it but as it turn out,she thought it looked pretty cool.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
No Mike,shooting a deer isn't a religeous experience for me.I've killed dozens and haven't taken a picture of one one in years.You personally know three of the guys that come up and hunt with me.I'm sure all three of them would have no problems verifying what they've seen me kill.I know Mike F took a picture of the bucks he shot but I'm not aware of any pictures of the 7 or 8 doe that they killed.

Aren't you in the same archery club as Todd,Mike and Jim?Todd pulled in my driveway on a friday right after I got home with a 10 point.The next year,Mike was with me when I killed a 9 point on the last morning of archery season.Last year I killed a 7 point that they didn't see but they did see the rack.Todd and Jim hunted accross from my house with their bows on the last day of rifle season last year and saw me bring doe back from Sinnemahoning.Sorry,I don't generally take pictures of any of the game I shoot but I do have plenty of people you have access to that can back up everything I say.You called me out about the trail cam pictures and I sent them to you in the mail.Talk to those guys.You want their numbers?I'll see all three of them tonight.You can talk to them with me there if you like.
Doug I know the guys in passing, of the 3 the only one I see regularly is Todd when we shoot at flood cities 600 league. If you talk to Todd tell him I could not email him the tc pictures he wanted clubs web page is down but I printed them out for him ill give them to him Tuesday when we shoot
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Spike

5C 8 5D 2,i plan on breaking my record
Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Other than a button buck, I shoot anything that gives me the opportunity.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
Doug I know the guys in passing, of the 3 the only one I see regularly is Todd when we shoot at flood cities 600 league. If you talk to Todd tell him I could not email him the tc pictures he wanted clubs web page is down but I printed them out for him ill give them to him Tuesday when we shoot
I killed two doe on saturday,Call todd,he saw both of them.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I killed two doe on saturday,Call todd,he saw both of them.

Congrats on the great start Doug!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Spike

Zone 12 in Arkansas we can take 4 doe this season. I don't plan on that.

I will take a 1-2 doe late in the season. I will donate one for the Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry program. http://www.agfc.com/hunting/ahfh.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.